PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comunication and information ...

3 posters

Go down

Comunication and information ... Empty Comunication and information ...

Post  joe_kool315 Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Couple things here:

The poles that were put up during the course clean-up we all did back on the 5th of Feb are still ... poles. Are we waiting for the next course clean up to finish them out? or just someone to pick up the hangers and screw them in. Are they the hook with the thread type that can just screw straight in or something that needs pre-drilled/glued/ect so vandals don't make off with them. I'm not complaining but if you guys just need a body to do it and know what you're wanting, I can knock it out and I have a guy or two I can get to help get it done so we don't just have 4X4's randomly sticking outa the ground forever.

info on course happenings; I guess there was a glow round last night. If it was invite only that's kool no biggie. but if it was for anyone that wanted to show, I didn't know about it and only heard mention of it on the course yesterday, and didn't' get a time the round was supposed to start.

On that subject, I bought some glow LED sticks so we don't have to use the 1 time use liquid sticks all the time as that adds up over time. These are supposed to be good for ~200 hours on battery (flashing so a bit less just steady on) and uses Button Cell AG-13 (A76, LR44, L1154, PX76A, GPA76) type battery. Eventual cost savings over time may not be too much but we won't be putting a lot of plastic and chemical in the landfills this way (just recycling batteries periodically) initial investment was quite a bit in my part here's the company website link to the sticks I got Life Gear. I got 6 blue and 12 red, green ones were more $ and they didn't have enough of 1 color to get them all the same except orange and it didn't look as bright and visible in the store. Not sure how they'll work out but thought it was worth a try.

joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Comunication and information ... Empty Re: Comunication and information ...

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Joe Kool- I was talking with Teresa this morning about the poles. Not sure what kind of hanger the guys were thinking of but I will find out and let you know.

As far as the glow rounds, its been a standing thing that glow rounds are on wed. and sat. nights. Its doesnt get posted anywhere offically I think do to with the course really closes at 10:00 pm. Its just been fine if everyone is quiet and there arent any issues.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:23 pm

guess I'm just showig my noob ness again pale

I'll have to hook up with those "in tha know" and get the scheduled ... achem ... "non-scheduled" times of said events that may or may not be happening Wink

thanks
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 am

joe_kool315 wrote:guess I'm just showig my noob ness again pale

I'll have to hook up with those "in tha know" and get the scheduled ... achem ... "non-scheduled" times of said events that may or may not be happening Wink

thanks

WELCOME BACK and hope your dad is doing well.

I know that Lance and Jeff are the ones that used to always play the "Wednesday" glow rounds Laughing And the last Saturday glow round I played (last Saturday Razz ) there was a HUGE group that showed cheers

~ TK ~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Comunication and information ... Empty Glow rounds

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:09 am

Mr. Cool glow rounds are wed and sat at 8:00 or 8:30 so now u are in the know!

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Update on the LED glow stick things ... seems these have a 45 min to an hour automatic timer that shuts them off ... NOT very conducive to getting in a full glow round much less 2. That and it mentions NOTHING about this in any of the literature anywhere on the packaging, on their website, anywhere. I just happened to be looking at some of the reviews on them after the fact and was like ... dang that sux if it's true. I called them up and posed the question letting them know my intended use for them, they called back (several days later) and are sending me out "new model" green ones that don't have the auto shut off. I guess they got a lot of complaints about it and are hooking me up. Even sending an RMA slip for the old ones, guess they're gonna retro fit them or something. Suspect

just figured I'd drop an update bomb out there on this.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum