PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#1 Pro Tee "box"

3 posters

Go down

#1 Pro Tee "box" Empty #1 Pro Tee "box"

Post  joe_kool315 Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:48 am

We may need to put a sign up again telling folks NOT to tee from that area when the kids are out in the playground over there. I was teeing on 6 when I noticed a group about to tee on 1 from the back tees. Mentioned it to them and they said "it ok cause I'm going to throw a tomahawk. I was like OK but there's not teeing from there when there's kids out. ... pretty simple concept I though personally Suspect all it's going to take is one of these guys that's "so good" they can call all their shots, never grip lock, and disc always goes exactly where they want it ... to get caught in a gust of that wind that was out there today, or hit a tree way up there and waywardly find it's path to the playground and clock a kid and that hole is in real jeopardy.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

#1 Pro Tee "box" Empty Re: #1 Pro Tee "box"

Post  Key Chains 1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 am

Evil or Very Mad WOW Evil or Very Mad

once again, the TOTAL LACK of common sense rears its UGLY HEAD.

I hope the B.O.D. will address this ASAP with ALL PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB members, possibly making it some type of club violation to show BLATENT DISREGARD for others at the park. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the other activities here, ESPECIALLY when ALL DISC GOLFERS have already been warned by the city. The tee was already moved for a reason , you stupid donkey butts, that CANNOT follow directions Mad

I am done with my rant...... have a great weekend everyone!

~ TK ~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Mr. Kool
Did you know these people? Were they PDGC members? You can pm me with their names if you did.

This is completely unexecptable. I do not care if you are new to sport or a very seasoned disc golfer, you DO NOT throw on the OLD #1 pro tee if there are children in the play area. Anything could happen to your shot and it could hit one of them. They are only out there for 20 mins., skip the hole and come back or just don't play it. This is completely ridiculous that we are having to tell grown people this again.

If it is found to be that these are PDGC members, there will be consequences for your actions. All others will be turned in to the police.

For those of you who are not aware, a kid was hit last summer by a disc after a sign was hung on the tee pad, asking dg'ers not to throw while the kids were out. It was ignored, so the tee pad was taken out by the city of fwb at the request of the parents. This is a lawsuit people, for the city. Which would probably mean no more disc golf @ Ferry Park if a family were to sue over their child getting hit.

I don't think any of us want that!
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:16 pm

No I didn't recognize any of the group of 4 that were on the pad. After my rebuttal, they reluctantly went to the am tee. Today they were out there for much more than 20 min though. They were outside when I got there I threw a few warm up putts and then tee'd off for a tag round. As I said in the OP they were still outside when we were on the 6th tee box and done teeing off. so they were out there for a "hot minute" so to speak.

Not sure if they were letting them enjoy the warmth after being cooped up for the winter or if their new schedule is going to have them out there longer periods.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Well it really doesn't matter how long the kids are out there....as with the walkers, the kids were there long before the DG course went in, so looks like they have the "right of way".

Hopefully be you "schooling" them on the dangers of throwing while kids are out there, Mr. Kool, they will think twice before doing it again! or at least we can HOPE pale

So thanks for looking out and showing that disc golfers DO have class Razz , or at least some do lol!
~ T K ~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum