PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Our Misinformed Members

Go down

For Our Misinformed Members Empty For Our Misinformed Members

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 am

Some of you have been asking questions about misleading info. you have heard about the ChainDragon @ Freeport Sports Complex. I spoke at lengh today with Shane Supple the Parks and Rec coordinator for Freeport and Walton County. He asked me to bring this to everyones attention at our members meeting Sunday the 20th @ Ferry Park. I'm also posting it here for those of you who can not attend.

ChainDragon @ Freeport was all made possible by the efforts of Johnny King. It is a sports complex like Morgans in Destin. What this means is, its a public park. At no time will a city council enter in to any agreement with one certain club. Parks are public places. I was also asked to inform you that the name of the disc golf course in Freeport is ChainDragon, no other. This name was giving to the course by Johnny King. The email below is being posted so you are not just getting all of this from a 2nd person.

Flag this messageRE: ChainDragon @ Freeport Sports ComplexWednesday, March 2, 2011 6:36 PMFrom: "Shane Supple" <ssupple@freeportflorida.gov>Add sender to ContactsTo: "'Playground Discgolf'" <playgrounddiscgolf@yahoo.com>

Rhonda,

I wanted to clear up some things you may or may not have heard about Freeport . I’m just going to go right into it, I meet Steve Hollis at park approx week and half ago, I was filming a promo video for Hammock Bay to go to the Special Forces moving into area. He introduced himself and made pitch about how he could help and stuff and he wanted to run tournaments and all and I said sure, whatever. We have no agreement or anything else and there will not be an agreement with any particular club, my city council will not allow exclusivity to any aspect of park facilities (we went through this with baseball and soccer). I very excited to work with you guys as I’ve heard nothing but good things about you and your club, I have heard some negative stuff about Mango, more specifically Steve. I want course to be open and accessible to everyone. I know I’m rambling, but I want everyone on same page. I will strive to make course best for everyone and really don’t want it to get a black eye. Any insight would be appreciated.

Shane Supple
Recreation Director
City of Freeport
112 Hwy 20 West
Freeport Fl. 32439
850-401-4057
www.freeportsportscomplex.com

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing. Chapter 668, Florida Statutes

This is the whole email.

Now, with all this said, Shane has informed me that he would like all the help he can get. He would like The PDGC to come out and help with all the things that are left to do at the course. Teepads need to be installed, tee signs, benches, bag poles, directional signs, tee sponsor signs. He informed me that a few Mango members have been working on the course and requests that we do the same. I informed him that we would. I also have have told him that Key Chains,PDGC and Ace Hardware will be sponsoring tee-pads and Key Chains will be donating a bike rack for the park. Teresa and I will be meeting with him this weekend on these matters. I will post more info. after our meeting. Hope this clears up any questions you might have had.

Ronda Key
Vice Pres.

KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down