PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAG TAG RULES

+7
chase_corley
joe_kool315
Snappy
dookiedog
Mr.Rob
Key Chains 1
KEYCHAINSRK
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BAG TAG RULES Empty BAG TAG RULES

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:28 pm

PDGC BAG TAG RULES

1. The purpose of The PDGC Bag Tag challenge is to encourage new and seasoned disc golfers to engage in friendly bag tag rounds

2.Tags must be attached to your bags and carried whenever you are playing,they may not be hidden at anytime

3.You may challenge anyone carrying a tag. For example: # 48 can challenge # 1. The lowest tag chooses which tees the round will be played from.

4.The challenge must be accepted and played with in 2 weeks or you will graciously forfeit your tag to the challenger

5.If you have to leave during a challenge round (for any reason) you will forfeit your tag and graciously accept the highest numbered tag in the group

6.At all singles tournaments the Tag Master will collect tags from players present and redistribute them after the event completion, in order of the scores

7.The current years tag set will remain active until that years PDGC Club Picnic .

8.You may have side wagers during tag challenges, but they are not mandatory if challenged

9.If you loose your tag, you may purchase another one

10.New tags will be distributed at the PDGC Spring Kickoff event (or any time thereafter) and will be available in the membership package. Keep your old one as a trophy.

KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

BAG TAG RULES Empty Re: BAG TAG RULES

Post  Key Chains 1 Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:14 pm

What do you girls and guys think about handing out a list of these rules at the CLUB YEARLY BAG TAG ROUND Question

That way there would be NO QUESTION as to how the bag tags are to go and if the rules are not followed the tag is FORFEITED Exclamation

Just an idea.... and I will be happy to make copies for everyone. Very Happy

~TK~
sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Sounds like a plan. Big rule I see being broke is the whole tag on bag. Example.. Sam has #1 but leaves it in his truck. If I didn't hear he had it. I'd never know...
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:00 pm

I have been guilty of leaving mine in my car too. Probably because I never had a tag that was easy to attach because of that leather buckle...didn't care for that. But yes, I think handing out rules is a great idea, Not only hand them out, but also go over them with all present before the round. Also, it may be helpful to hand out the rules during the year anytime a tag is purchased.

Thought: How about laminating a miniature version of the rules and including it with the purchase of each tag? That way if there is a problem on the course someone is bound to have the rules available for reference. If this sounds like a good idea, I could get it done. I work right next to Office Depot. Smile

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Snappy Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Having a laminated copy would be nice. O know i keep so much crap in my bag a piece of paper would easliy get ripped to shreds.

Russ

Snappy

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:40 pm

KEYCHAINSRK wrote: PDGC BAG TAG RULES

9.If you loose your tag, you may purchase another one

Suggested rule based on recent events:

9.b Players whom have lost their tags must buy a new tag before participating in tags rounds, tags will not be loaned to other players without tags for any purposes.

joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Another Suggestion : Only paid in full club members may compete for a gold tag. Anyone that buys just a tag can play for any tag except the top 10 or however many " gold " tags there are going to be.

Reason : It's dumb to have people drive in from out of town then walk away with one of our prized tags - It's dumb that people who pay in full can't get a shot @ our prized tags without driving all over the panhandle to play for it.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Mr.Rob wrote:Another Suggestion : Only paid in full club members may compete for a gold tag. Anyone that buys just a tag can play for any tag except the top 10 or however many " gold " tags there are going to be.

Reason : It's dumb to have people drive in from out of town then walk away with one of our prized tags - It's dumb that people who pay in full can't get a shot @ our prized tags without driving all over the panhandle to play for it.

Please keep in mind that there are several "paid in full" club members that live out of town....so I don't know how to curtail that. I actually feel proud knowing that people from other areas, joined our club and are wearing our club shirts in other states. Also keep in mind that tags from all clubs are sometimes put up at the SN tournies, therefore if we lose a tag to an out of state player, then we need to play better lol! ....I do get you though about the golds not being in play all the time Crying or Very sad

~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chase_corley Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:36 am

i like everything said here other then the full club memeber to play for gold i held gold once this year played for the next day twice be for i lost it i dont see why i have to be part of a club that is like my family to play for a tag and t k said it play better i lost my tag to eric day (damn bagger)

chase_corley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 am

Just trying to find ways to ensure we can keep our top tags at least local. There has to be a way to do this.

Gold tag list..

#1 - Sam
#2 - ?
#3 - ?
#4 - ?
#5 - ?
#6 - ?
#7 - john Capps
#8 - ?
#9 - ?
#10 - ?

I think someone in mobile has #5 but not for sure. Where the hell r they an why don't we see them? It shouldn't be like this. It doesn't stop there though. 11-30? All we ever see. Is 40-111. An on a rare chance a couple 20s an I think 17 is floating around somewhere.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:17 am

Mr.Rob wrote:Just trying to find ways to ensure we can keep our top tags at least local. There has to be a way to do this.

I think someone in mobile has #5 but not for sure. Where the hell r they an why don't we see them? It shouldn't be like this. It doesn't stop there though. 11-30? All we ever see. Is 40-111. An on a rare chance a couple 20s an I think 17 is floating around somewhere.

If you want to continue to grow the club....you are not going to be able to keep the tags local, in my opinion. I know Willie has a gold in Mobile, that he won when he beat our guys HERE in FWB , as does Eric in Mississippi, he too beat our guys here and at SN Tournies. As for the other numbers, not sure, but there are 2 of the golds. I would hate to see a "rule" put into place that discourages others from joining the club or from buying a tag if it is limited to what tag you get.
Just my 2-cents Neutral

~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Look I'm not being mean saying this.. an don't take it bad but....

I'm all for helping the club grow. I'm all for seeing people from out of town.. but what is the point of buying into this tag idea when the ones worth going for arnt even in the same state? Or whybshould members be punished because other members f up an lose tags to out of towners. Like I said I'm all for helping the club grow.. but remember its your locals that keep the club going..... so lets put our heads together an find a way that can work better. I'm tired of having this debate an then getting standard " club growing " speech. Love ya! Smile
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  DISCKEY Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Willie and the #5 will be up for grabs in fairhope this weekend! Just sayin.

I do disagree about limiting what tags out of towners can have. It was kinda fun having to go get one from Eric Day at the SNAC, only problem is that I had 9 at the time, so that was left with him. Willie won his at a food toss that everyone had a chance at, and I heard he didn't shoot lights out, so everyone there had a chance at that one. He knows I'm coming for that gold this weekend! If anyone wants a shot at it, step up to pro/open and play him for it! That's one of the only reasons I decided to do it!

As far as the other golds........... Mike Florey, Gator John (brisco) have #2 and 8 I think and I believe Todd and Luke have 2 of them.... Not sure though........ Sam origionally had #3 but I think it fell off his bag or went MIA....... Other than those, not sure.

DISCKEY

Back to top Go down

BAG TAG RULES Empty tags

Post  slingshot,scott Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:33 am

I think anyone needs to be able to buy aclub but for exception,banned.We need to pick up our game and take over the lower tags.like when we all go to fairhope there should be no trash talkin and only binesness"you know what i meant to say" taken care of.Remember i lost a lower tag an had to buy another one during the Billy Luckie days,i think it was a number 8.trust me i look for it everyday.

slingshot,scott

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 am

Agreed, Limits would ... limit ... the number of tags and or memberships sold to those visiting from neighboring towns/courses.

I don't want a ton of new rules and only mentioned the 9B to furrther expand on that particular rule. 9 can just be lengthened to include the "not playing with others tags portion, so to speak. Laughing
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Mr.Rob wrote:Look I'm not being mean saying this.. an don't take it bad but....

I'm all for helping the club grow. I'm all for seeing people from out of town.. but what is the point of buying into this tag idea when the ones worth going for arnt even in the same state? Or whybshould members be punished because other members f up an lose tags to out of towners. Like I said I'm all for helping the club grow.. but remember its your locals that keep the club going..... so lets put our heads together an find a way that can work better. I'm tired of having this debate an then getting standard " club growing " speech. Love ya! Smile

No worries Rob... I was simply stating MY opinion Wink And I will always stand behind MY feeling that in order to grow the club, you cannot LIMIT who the players are. I do know of other clubs that have a limited number of bag tags, and are kept local, CERTAINLY NOT SAYING I wish for anyone to leave PDGC, however there are other options out there for a smaller club, if the bag tag is an issue. Again this is only MY opinion. I feel that must be re-iterated in everything I post. Heaven forbid people think I am trying to help run the show lol! But my speech will always be about growing the club cheers .... and with as many intelligent peeps we have in this club, collectively we should be able to come up with something geek
Love ya!! ~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogie Queen Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Are the Bag Tag rules standard in all clubs or are we making them up as we go along? We are limiting who can have a tag, who can play for what tag types like gold verses everything else. Starting to feel like things are only going to be good for the better players and those of us who aren't as good at the game are going to be S.O.L. and have no hope of ever being able to hold one of the so called GOLD tags.

On another note...... Mad
I get that some people were bent out of shape over Chase playing with my tag on Sat. But come on people. Sam was running the show that day and he agreed that I could have what ever number tag Chase won, so that should have been ok. Everything else Sam wanted y'all gave it to him. I wouldn't have had the tag for long cause you all know I'm not a good player so it would have been easy to get it back from me no problem. Just another excuse to play a round of disc golf is how I would have looked at it. Just to ease some of your minds, I took back my tag and didn't make a big stink out of the whole thing. I'm not that sort of person. I saw it was going to be a problem so I just took back my number and all was good when I went home.
Bogie Queen
Bogie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 pm

No one is trying to make it so "better" players only get a shot. What we r trying tonfigure out is to how to.make it so we actually see some of these better tags.

An the whole chase deal. I actually was running the tags an the deal was if chase beat Sam u got the #1 tag. That's it.. he didn't beat him so u got ye tag back. The whole goal of giving him ur tag was to help try to get the #1 tag to the end of year tag round. Nothing more.

Anyways, I'd like to hear ideas. The only way really to see these tags is to challenge people. But if we don't know who has them.... lol. Also, I am not calling out someone out of town for them to tell me the match will take place in another state lol.

How bout this simple fix. All gold tag call outs must be played at ferry! Its the clubs tags & the clubs course. Gold tags though may be played for anywhere at any givin time if all parties agree. If the better tag gets to make the rules then the Challenger should have the option to have the match be held at Ferry.

What y'all think?
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  chase_corley Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 pm

i talked to sam about it and he took it as krisssti and i took it she gave me her tag to play for "what ever i win" and i came in 2nd so i think rob had something wrong cause the three people that the whole thing had to do with took it as the same and rob took it as somthing els idc i am gettin a bag tag next year and we can play all yall wont..

chase_corley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:06 am

Once again, after talking to the club Pres we allowed u to play for 1 reason an one reason only. To get the #1 tag to the end of the year tag round. So u guys misunderstood what was going on.

Now back on topic. What y'all think of the rule suggestion.

The person who holds the better tag makes the rules of the round. The Challenger may choose to have the match played at ferry. Pretty fair yes?
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  chase_corley Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:11 am

yea sure rematch thats cool but how come the whole time we were saying what ever i win she gets no one told us other wise i mean i would have liked to have know that i would have tryed to play a lil better i just wonted to dump 106 on some one that was the clubs fault for not making it clear to every player about that

chase_corley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogie Queen Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 am

Chase. It's all good!!!! I am not worried!!! It was for the fun of it and I refuse to let you get all bent out of shape over this stupid thing. Let it go please.

Your wanting the golds only played for at Ferry Park I Say Heck NO!!!! I think that is trying to limit tag play and who can hold a gold tag. I play all over the place. New Orleans, Gulf Breeze, Mobile and anywhere I can get to to play. I know there are others that try out other courses just for the fun of it. If I happen to play with someone holding a gold tag at any of those places I want to be able to play for that tag. No restrictions on where you can play for tags!!!
Bogie Queen
Bogie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:31 am

I've already covered this.

If all parties agree tag can be played for anywhere. But if someone calls someout out, the Challenger has the option to say the match must be played at ferry.

I'm not understanding how ur misunderstanding what is being said.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogie Queen Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:49 am

[quote="Mr.Rob"] I've already covered this.

If all parties agree tag can be played for anywhere. But if someone calls someout out, the Challenger has the option to say the match must be played at ferry.

I'm not understanding how ur misunderstanding what is being said.

This will only work if the people holding the golds are local and there is no way to keep all the golds in this area.

I am not misunderstanding ROB!!!! I just don't think the Challenger should only play at their home course. It should be a challenge to get those coveted tags and if you only play for it at Ferry park then you are making it too easy on yourself. Where is the fun in only playing at your park and not going to other places and showing what skill you have. Think about it. Show your true talent by winning at some course you don't play every day. I would be more impressed with the win that way. The tags are there to have a reason to play and something to play for. But playing at Ferry Park everyday as you do makes it too easy. In your tight little group if you chose to play that way then no one can stop you. I know you said play anywhere if all parties agree.
Bogie Queen
Bogie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 am

Ur just not understanding again. Its an option. The tag holder gets to make all the rules. So why can't the Challenger have the option to stay where the tag is played at?

An the little BS comment about my lil click. I play with everyone every where. So u can get that out of your head. In the past month I've been in tally, blue angel freeport, fairhope, Milton. As well as run the weekly club events at ferry. U can get those dumb comments out ur head.

Ur sitting here making to sound like I'm trying g to make it easy for me or something. all I'm trying to do is make it fair for both Challenger an tag holder.

Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next