PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ummmm... yeah or something

+3
KEYCHAINSRK
Mr.Rob
joe_kool315
7 posters

Go down

Ummmm... yeah or something  Empty Ummmm... yeah or something

Post  joe_kool315 Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Suspect

SO.................. pretty quiet in here ... ummm what's going on in da club?

Neutral

we were on a roll in the beginning of the year and now its' kinda like "whatever" ... what gives?
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Ummmm... yeah or something  Empty Re: Ummmm... yeah or something

Post  Mr.Rob Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:11 am

Ya, kinda getting to be old.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Hey guys, we seem to be having an issue within the BOD, but I asure you that it will be fixed or you will be informed of the options for you. Please know that I have not forgotten you too or anyone else in the club.

Thank-you for posting and the time and effort you have put in. It does and will not go un-noticed!

Ronda

KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Ty Ronda for busting ass! I really hope things get figured out. Also I hope we continue down the path of a family club an not some stuck up money hungry God greatest gift to disc golf click that some property are acting like.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 pm

I agree and well said!

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 pm

well... I couldn't agree more with what you have said Rob and John Sad

It seems as though there are only 3 of our 4 board members that are trying to do anything, and then are getting flack from the 4th for "making decisions" and answering questions....when the 4th one WILL NOT STAND UP and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for their position.

I would have NEVER put my store name, nor my own name, together in the same sentence with the "old" Playground Disc Golf Club, however I was assured that things had changed, therefore was proud to have KEY CHAINS associated with the club.

It is of my opinion, that you either want the club to continue to grow and invite new players in....or, have it be a "click" of a$$holes, as it was before, and take 8 steps back instead of forward.

I want it KNOWN that I am not in favor of the way things are going, or lack of participation from certain members, and will no longer be associated with, nor have our store associated with the club the way it was before. So make a decision B.O.D.... and lets move forward in a postive direction with this club....... or let it go back to the crappy way it was before and lose members Evil or Very Mad

That's all for now.... I will await a response, whether it is positive or negative, I certainly think ALL members need to hear something from the board.

~TK~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am

My vision forthe club is a large group containing as many disc golfers as we can get. For the betterment of the sport in our area- children and assholes alike are more than welcome in my book- however- I believe certain attitudes and actions should be refrained from around the more family style groups. I would love to see the club continue to move forward and be able to come back and visit a nice club in a good area once I've left to chase my career. Things have changed with the club growing so quickly this year and I'll admit we are lagging on the side of keeping up. Please do not stop having faith in the club as my hopes, as well as others, are for such a positive influence in the area.

~drake
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 am

Glad to see such support from some members.

I am wondering why this is happening? I see Rhonda, Jason, TK, but where is Jeff? Drake, myself, others have spoke out and we all want this to be better but where is Jeff? You still alive? I know I've played a few rounds with you and you seem like an ok person.. but where is the leadership ? If I was running a " club " I would be the first to stick my neck out there for the chopping block because I know in my eyes if things arn't going right then that means I fail as the leader.

I do not want to turn this into a he said she said match. I would instead like to see this club GROW. So please.. whatever the problem is. If it's you Jeff.. if it's the heads not getting along. Work the stuff out now. If it's a failed leadership, step up or leave. Last I checked we were all adults here.. Let's handle this like one.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

Rob,
I will not allow this to be a he said, she said. We have called for a BOD meeting this week, and I will update the forum right after with the results and my position with the PDGC.

Thank-you for your input and patience,
Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 am

sweet! Glad to see you guys handling this proper! Very Happy No need to get nasty despite anyones feelings towards each other. Let's just get it worked out and move on!
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:01 am

Mr.Rob wrote:sweet! Glad to see you guys handling this proper! Very Happy No need to get nasty despite anyones feelings towards each other. Let's just get it worked out and move on!

I want it stated that have no ill feelings towards anyone, I like and resepct all the bod members as people! I hope to have the issue handle, once and for all!

Ronda

Last edited by KEYCHAINSRK on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm

I will admit that I have had my wonderings about jeff and why he was not doing what I thought a president should be doing but talking with him this weekend he seems to have the same vision for the club as everyone else who cares about the club and wants it to succeed. There has needed to be some communicating for some time now so I'm hoping that in this bod meeting we can get it worked out and I do hope that it's not to late.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Sweet! Look forward to hearing a game plan as well after the meeting. Would be nice to have a somewhat general idea on where we are heading as a club.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Neutral

wow ... didn't mean to stir up such a ruckus

Suspect
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am

You didnt Mr. Kool.....!!

KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ummmm... yeah or something  Empty jezzz

Post  mark m Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:19 pm

what is BOD ?????? and what is the big deal, we are all disc golfers, we all play golf , we all help newbes, work on courses, play differant courses, share info, share disc,etc, its just disc golf people go out and play thats is what the game is for too play..... now grab your bag and go play some golf all ready.....
mark m
mark m

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Well mark m I don't know who u are by looking a your screen name but let me help u out. Bod means board of directors for the club and I happen to be on the bod. There is alot more involved in this then just playing disc golf. U have to have a bod to schedule clean up days, tournys, club functions, etc. U get my point. The club is not just a group of guys getting together and playing disc golf. This is a non profit organization in which we have over 70 members. Without this in your community you probably would not have a place to play! We are looking to grow the sport in this area and bring more courses but that would not happen without this club. So when u say it is just disc golf I say to u no it is not! I wish it was that easy but to continue playing in fwb things have to get done. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mark m Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:01 pm

i get your point, i am a board member here in delaware, but what i dont understand why you guys need someone to improve what you do as a golfer. we as a club host many tourneys thu out the year, many clean up days, but i have never told any body they cant have they own tourney, or a clean up or fund raiser. and yes it is about disc golf. not who does what. i am a member of the Delaware Disc Golfers and VP of the Cape Henlopen Disc Golf Club we as a whole all work together. but the main club is 90% volunteers who do most of the work with or without us being invloved. now before i was in the " Club " as you would say it, i volunteered my time to help clean up my fav course without any club there. there is over 200 and some players in are clubs here and we play disc golf and not run board meetings, but we still get a lot done. look on the pdga front page for are video on are Iron hill tourney from the past weekend. but maybe theres more to this than it shows but its still about disc golf. and if your club wasnt here threre would be someone who will step up and do something for the course. i played ferry park when it was first put in, and played this year too. and i will play it when i come back, why because its about disc golf Very Happy hope it all comes together for your group. and i hope your meetings take place on the course were they should be. p.s ask ronda who i am peace
mark m
mark m

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:10 am

It sounds like you have a great club with great members. But my experience down here has Been if the club is not doing stuff like cleanups then the course goes to shit because we have a bunch of people who don't care and will trash the course. I think the club does alot for our course but as you know when you have people trying to make decisions your going to butt heads on occassion. Anyway, disc golf will go on you are right about that but if we want more courses and stuff like that then there has to be work off the course to make that happen. That's why I said it's not just about playing disc golf everyday. There is stuff that gets done off the course and behind the scenes. Don't know how often u come down but I look foward to meeting u next time I know u are a freind of ronda as am I.

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Holy Moly.........!! Mark I sent you a pm!! lol
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mark m Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 pm

well from the sounds of things theres a bad apple in the bunch. i would 86 the bad apple or apples or just leave them to the club by them selfs and start a new one. it should not be that hard to make decisions when its about disc golf. lets see bring in new people . keep course clean . set a tourney . work on new loctions with townships. oh yeah play golf. keep it simple guys. the worlds fastest growing sport is here make the most of it. i hope everyone is reading this too. play the game dont let the game play you. it will aways be about the players who give a shit and will show everyone its a great sport for everyone. count the courses we have in are small state ( Delaware )and there is 2 more in plan, and see what you could have with a little team work. so grab your bag and go play a little......... if i was there i would be peace
mark m
mark m

Back to top Go down

Ummmm... yeah or something  Empty Results?

Post  Pappy Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 am

KEYCHAINSRK wrote:Rob,
I will not allow this to be a he said, she said. We have called for a BOD meeting this week, and I will update the forum right after with the results and my position with the PDGC.

Thank-you for your input and patience,
Ronda

I'm not seeing the update, (it may be in a different area and I'm missing it). Did the meeting happen?

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 am

Yes and everthing got worked out and the club is on the right track again.

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Sorry for the late reply and the lack of being involved in the forum and club events! I have been very busy with helping my family and the store and everything that comes with that! It is about to calm down!

The bod meeting went good, everyone was in an agreement with things that needed to be addressed! We will start having:
1 monthly members meetings
2 monthly bod meetings
3 events for our members

More Bag Tags have been ordered and we will now offer Women's Bag Tags
T-Shirts and dryfits have been ordered
We are working on a fundraiser, to help the club earn money

Thanks to everyone coming out to the food toss,bag tag round, and doubles! GREAT SUPPORT!

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum