PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goal to get more people active in Bag tag / Food Toss / Doubles ect ect

5 posters

Go down

Goal to get more people active in Bag tag / Food Toss / Doubles ect ect Empty Goal to get more people active in Bag tag / Food Toss / Doubles ect ect

Post  Mr.Rob Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Past few times i've noticed many things happening. Biggest thing I notice is players (( mostly females / Juniors )) not playing if we play from the Reds. Turn outs are always higher on the Am tees. So I was wondering could we use this to help get more people out? Example would be.. All Females & Juniors (( not LUKE! LOL )) may choose to play from the Am tee's in any of these events. I really don't see any problems it and I don't think any one else would.

Reason I bring this up is not to say " Females are bad or Juniors can't keep up " But just to get a bigger turn out. We had a bag tag round after the tourny a few weeks back and I sat there and watched 4-6 tags getting pulled out because we were playing from the Reds. So f it ya know.. why not let them play from the shorts if it means they will actually play. I'd rather have some chance of winning a better tag then to not see it because of the tees we are playing.

What do yall think?

Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Goal to get more people active in Bag tag / Food Toss / Doubles ect ect Empty Re: Goal to get more people active in Bag tag / Food Toss / Doubles ect ect

Post  IBLinKYI Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 pm

If it wasn't football season, I would be out there. I wouldn't mind if they had a choice, kind of seems it goes in hand with a handicap system.
IBLinKYI
IBLinKYI

https://www.facebook.com/IBLinKYI

Back to top Go down

Goal to get more people active in Bag tag / Food Toss / Doubles ect ect Empty Re: Goal to get more people active in Bag tag / Food Toss / Doubles ect ect

Post  joe_kool315 Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:36 pm

bag tags are not supposed to be run on a handicapped system. The reason the girls pulled theirs out the week before last is the girls were doing their own bag tags. I'm not sure what we can do to make those comparable other than to alternate tees like we always have but the girls would have to agree to this ... one thing we have to remember is tags are always going to change hands and it really doesn't matter what tag you have until the last tag round of the year in Dec/Jan. We also need to consider how that's going to work. Whether it's two separate tag rounds, one just for the girls and then one for everyone ... or something.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Ya know.. the way everyone talks bout the tags.. its like its just not a big deal.. Guess I should just stop caring as much. Just sit around an not worry about it till one round a year when it actually matters.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:59 pm

not what I was saying ... they are a "status symbol" of sorts day in and day out ... and I agree that we need to get some of the lower numbers in the active circle which will make it even more of a pride thing having the lower number. Problem is like today, we had 1 gold tag 1 tag in the 30's 2 in the 40's, I think 2 in the 90's and 2 100's out there. It's kinda hard to get amped up about that ya know.

joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:13 pm

I agree its hard. But #1 was there an I choked it up hard. It just goes back to finiding a way to get more people out there.. lucky g looks like he is going to be a very active #1 as Luke was. If we could Ger like even as little as 5-10 more 1-20 tags thar active maybe that would be enough to get people to come out.

But then again it comes full circle to most of the people that don't play are the guys holding 1-30. Its like a never ending circle. Bah! Gets me all annoyed just thinking about it.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:19 am

The women don't usually play there own round. The weekend you are speaking of is the weekend Bolt from MADGA was in town and I had challenged her for her SN tag. She wanted to play shorts, since she has only played Ferry a couple of times! I am not for women playing shorts all the time.

The other problem is when most of the tags were purchased, we had just had a surge of new people playing! Some of them got a bad taste in there mouths about the way the were treated when they challenged or came out to play! We have done a lot to fix this problem, the more positive we are to the newer people or people you haven't seen out in awhile, the more #'s that will be out at the tag rounds! I was informed last week by a parent that 2 of our juniors will be back out within about a week and are very excited! They have tags and so so 2 of there friends.

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:07 am

FYI Luke wouldve been there however he was unable to get a ride there in time. He sent me a txt as I was leaving and asked me to ask Scott if he would come get him and the answer I got was "I cant we are already starting, I will call him". Scott didnt call Luke because Luke called me about 30min later asking if we were playing tag or not. As for the whole tag and #s and status symbol and all that...thats exactly what all of it is. I have held tags down into the teens and am currently over 100 and really could care less because the fact is that I know at any given point in time I could be on my game like never before and the person with #1 could be off and having a bad day and I could wipe the floor with them, and that goes for any other tag from 1-100000000000000000 forever. I do agree that it would be nice to get lower numbers into the active circle however essentially thats like puting a band-aid on a head wound the objective shouldnt be to get the lower tags into the active circle but to get more people into the active circle and the tags come with the people.

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 am

dang shug ...

whether its' tags or ppl ... we just wanna try and get folks more involved. you were kinda all over the place on that post Laughing
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric B Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:59 am

If the goal is to get more club members active at these weekly events, then we need to get the word out. A couple of flyers posted on the course (like the bridge between 2 and 3, the bridge leading to hole 6, etc.) just reminding them the times for the events. Especially since the times have changed recently from Thursday. I agree that the bag tag round and the doubles should be set times. Some people (at least 3) showed up for the bag tag round (they had showed up the previous weekend and played the bag tag round) at 2 and didn't want to play doubles so they went their own way. Now next week they don't know what time to show up, maybe they won't show up at all, who knows. These times should be set and not changed weekly or decided upon the day of the event. Also I don't know if there is some kind of member e-mail list (I think I remember putting my e-mail when I signed up) but a mass e-mail to members reminding them of the events would help as well. Also, it would be nice to start within 15 minutes of the time for the event. I understand waiting for everyone to show up but when you get there at 2 PM and wait 30 minutes, then the next week you might just show up at 2:30 because there is no point to show up at 2. I have done all three events the last three weekends and have sat for at least 30 minutes waiting for it to start. Finally, more of a personal suggestion/request, but if two events are held on Sunday (doubles and bag tag round) then maybe starting closer to 1 PM instead of 2 PM would make it so members can play both events and still get home in time for dinner. I know a couple of us left after the doubles and didn't stay for the bag tag round because we had to get home. I'd like to say that I've had fun these last three weekends playing in the events and meeting new people each time.

Eric

Eric B

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 pm

@ sug.....Holy Moly!! Smile.
@ Eric B. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself at the club events. Food toss sign up is at 3. It takes whoever is running it a little bit to log who brought cans or money and who gave money for ace pot! Brian most of the time has everyone going by 3:30. Same with tags/doubles!

With that said, there's gonna be people every week who don't w
ant to play both rounds! So its a matter of what we are going to do with which event is held first! This is something that will be addressed at the meeting.

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum