PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Toss Results 1/21/2012 - Red Tee's

4 posters

Go down

Food Toss Results 1/21/2012 - Red Tee's Empty Food Toss Results 1/21/2012 - Red Tee's

Post  Mr.Rob Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Great day an wonderful weather! Had I believe around 15 people come out. Eric brought out a basket and we even played 17b. Got a lot of positive feed back from that! People loved the change. Maybe next week we play #20 ?!

Results -

Food toss -

Rob 1st
Leslie & KC tied for 2nd - (( don't know the winner of the tie breaker sorry Sad ))

Tags -

Mike M. -6 #5
Rob -5 #10

Chris -4 #13
KC & Eric -1 #15 & #18

Mike & Bill +2 #23 & #24
Sean +3 - #25
Greg +5 - #30

^^ there was more but that's all I have wrote down

Ladies Tags -
Leslie +9 #4
Robin +11 #5
Krisstie +12 #9

Was fun guys! See yall next week!

Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Food Toss Results 1/21/2012 - Red Tee's Empty Re: Food Toss Results 1/21/2012 - Red Tee's

Post  joe_kool315 Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Mr.Rob wrote:Great day an wonderful weather! Had I believe around 15 people come out. Eric brought out a basket and we even played 17b. Got a lot of positive feed back from that! People loved the change. Maybe next week we play #20 ?!

Results -

Food toss -

Rob 1st
Leslie & KC tied for 2nd - (( don't know the winner of the tie breaker sorry Sad ))

Tags -

Mike M. -6 #5
Rob -5 #10

Chris -4 #13
KC & Eric -1 #15 & #18

Mike & Bill +2 #23 & #24
Sean +3 - #25
Greg +5 - #30

^^ there was more but that's all I have wrote down

Ladies Tags -
Leslie +9 #4
Robin +11 #5
Krisstie +12 #9

Was fun guys! See yall next week!

This is a good way to try and keep track of who has what tags until we can get a better tracking system up and running.

Rob, Please make sure you are coordinating with who ever is the person running "tournament director" for the different club functions before springing something like the 17b thing. This makes sure they're ready to specify any OB's or whatever else it may take to get everyone on the same page. It's good that everyone had a good time and that things went pretty smooth.

ALSO ... remember that the handicapping is figured per set of tees per 18 holes. Any other variables voids those handicaps and can skew the entire handicapping system. Leaving that particular holes scores off the calculations for the handicap is the only way to ensure the handicaps are as accurate for everyone as they can be.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Food Toss Results 1/21/2012 - Red Tee's Empty Re: Food Toss Results 1/21/2012 - Red Tee's

Post  Mr.Rob Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm

It's a shared thing between me an B. We both run it.

As far as the Handicap. Of course it messes up the handicap.. But if you take an extra 5 minutes of your time to subtract whatever whoever shot on that hole off the scores then it won't mess anything up.

Also I didn't " spring " anything on him. This post was made and for all to see. If he didn't read it then so be it. Not trying to sound rude but he should be on here. I got 100% positive feedback on the hole and will do it again sometime in the future.

The whole tag thing.. it's a way to track them but that's just one day a week. But it's a start at least Smile

As far as anything else is concerned if there is any problems then tell me Smile

Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:45 am

Rob,
I just noticed the posts. I was kind of blind sided Saturday. Shortly after I arrived, and before I even spoke to you, I saw you and Eric (I think it was Eric) walking off to place the basket. While you were gone, I had a few questions from people wanting to know things like how to score 17b, etc. I felt kind of embarrassed since I had no idea what was going on....here I am the guy who is running the show, and I don't even know. I also had a couple people that didn't like the idea of the island hole. I could not explain that to them either. At the time, I assumed that you were just doing that for the tag round part, since that is the part of the food toss that you run. Hence the confusion that followed.
As far as your comment about me not seeing the posts (kind of the oh well if I didn't see it).......I work lots of hours, and don't have a lot of time to look at the forum. I didn't see the posts. Maybe next time you could call or text me. Since I am the TD for the food toss, it would be nice to know ahead of time and make a decision as to what is proposed. If I had seen the post, I would have definitely commented. For future information...if I don't comment on something that would directly involve me, I definitely did not see it.
Please do not misunderstand me....I am all for changing things up a bit and having fun. I enjoyed revisiting hole 17b. But what I walked into yesterday wasn't very fun for me.
As far as the handicaps are concerned, I subtracted everyone's 17b score from their card before I calculated their handicap and determined a winner. The handicaps need to be based on 18 holes because that is how the excel program is set up...for a par 54...not par 57. So, it didn't make sense to add 17b into the scores at the park to get a winner and then not put it in the computer as was proposed. Any additional holes in the future could be added for the tag round though. Everyone can play it, but in the end it is better to deduct it from the handicap scores for the food toss portion.
So in conclusion....as TD for the food toss portion, I will give the green light to add holes at any time. Just keep in mind that I will score it as stated above.

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 am

Edited*

Sent PM -
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 am

Is this handled or is it still an issue? If yes, I will send a pm.

RK
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:44 am

I believe it's handled, we talked via PM. But that's not my call Very Happy
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum