PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament Play Education

3 posters

Go down

Tournament Play Education Empty Tournament Play Education

Post  Drake N Bake Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I will be hosting a free lesson for anyone that wants to come all about tournament play. The purpose of this is to educate players about the technical rules and play in tournaments, after the recent problems at the Wally Free Doubles with new players not knowing the rules; and honestly there is only one way to learn these rules - play with them. I will be doing this periodically with the large amounts of tournaments coming up in October (notably the Fling for Sight at Ferry Park on October 16).

anyone interested please give me a call and I will try to make a time available to work with as many people as I can!

850-598-6971

~Drake
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Tournament Play Education Empty Re: Tournament Play Education

Post  Booth Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:05 pm

I would LOVE this!!! It is confusing, like someone told me you can only jump putt outside of 30ft? Can you lean forward and after you release can you fall/step forward? Let me know when you want to do this, im sure the other guys you met at the shop would enjoy this too! Thank you so much. I love this sport and i want to get more involved and play some tournaments!. I have no clue about out of bounce either.
Booth
Booth

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:01 pm

the way the rule reads is basically outside of 10 meters (32 feet, 10 inches) your momentum can carry you past your lie (disc). inside 10 meters you must regain balance and show a controlled stance behind your lie before you can move forward.

as far as out of bounds (OB) there are a ton of different scenarios and rules that apply with that and I'll go over it when we're actually there.

I'm going to be pretty busy this week with my finals coming next week, but I should be able to get things rolling next weekend if that would be good for yall, if you're going to do the saturday food toss we can meet out there a couple hours early for a round and we'll play it like a tournament then you can test your memory in the food toss if you'd like. what would be a good day/time for you?
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Booth Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Yeah, next sat sounds great. Let me get with everyone who wants to go. Thank you so much, ill keep you posted. Good luck with your finals!!
Booth
Booth

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:05 pm

I talked to Drake earlier and he had mentioned this to me and I think it's a great idea. I don't mind working with anyone that wants to learn the rules and im always up for playing with new people and im sure it would also help Drake out. Im always available Thur. and Sun.
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  Booth Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:11 am

Ok drake, I have 3-5 people ready to do this on sat!! Just let us know a time and we will be there.
Booth
Booth

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 pm

would 2pm meet at the practice basket be good for yall?
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Booth Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Yes that works great!!! Thank you so much for helping us!
Booth
Booth

Back to top Go down

Post  Booth Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:01 am

WOW, That was so much fun today and was great help!! Hope we can play again sometime. THANK YOU!!!
Booth
Booth

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:11 am

anytime man! just shoot me a message or give me a call! 850-598-6971
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content