PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new poles for the water holes

+2
Key Chains 1
slingshot,scott
6 posters

Go down

new poles for the water holes Empty new poles for the water holes

Post  slingshot,scott Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I put out 10 new poles on the water holes today,just remind everyone to put back in place where they belong after being used

slingshot,scott

Back to top Go down

new poles for the water holes Empty Re: new poles for the water holes

Post  Key Chains 1 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 pm

You are the BOMB ! Thank you Scott for all that you do I love you
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric B Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:13 am

Is there any way we can mark them, "for disc golf use only"? Maybe with a plastic tag or something? The reason I say this is that non disc golfers don't know what these poles are used for. Sure, you will always have kids take them or whatever but I'm thinking maybe it will help when people pick these up and use them as a walking stick.

Eric B

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 am

One of the main problems I am finding is our local Disc grabber aka Bob or duckman or whatever he is calling himself. Is showing up in the morning, grabs a pole. Walks the whole course along the water, circles back and finishes on 18 and drops the pole. Next day.. the same.. ect ect.

I have personally moved these poles back a few times. But while I was not playing they just about all managed to come back to 18. I really want to take one of the poles and.. nevermind.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Pappy Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Mr.Rob wrote:One of the main problems I am finding is our local Disc grabber aka Bob or duckman or whatever he is calling himself. Is showing up in the morning, grabs a pole. Walks the whole course along the water, circles back and finishes on 18 and drops the pole. Next day.. the same.. ect ect.

I have personally moved these poles back a few times. But while I was not playing they just about all managed to come back to 18. I really want to take one of the poles and.. nevermind.

Are you sure? That doesn't sound like something Robert would do.

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Ya, same Guy that tried to get ronda to dye a stolen disc.. or the Guy that has busted red handed multiple times walking around with a grocery bag of discs that font belong to him nor does he call people... ya same Guy.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am

OK ... Ronda has talked to him a couple times ... He says he's calling the numbers on the discs and/or turning them in. I am aware of the issue on the disc that he was wanting dyed and it was a disc with multiple #'s on it and that it's been returned to the origional "last" owner as far as I know.

This really needs to die down. YES everyone should be returning the poles to where they get them from. If he isn't then Ronda or I can address that with him and I'm pretty sure once he's made aware, that he'll start taking them back.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 am

Thank-you treasure!
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Rob-

I wasn’t trying to pull any BOD or "Treasurer" "rank" ...

Just saying that I want to try and mitigate the mudslinging in the forums as much as possible. Out-of-towners visit our site as well as new people to the area and that's not the first impression that I'd like our club to present.

Hopefully the issue has been somewhat mitigated and it's been well addressed on several occasions. Constant berating posts only prove to inflame and show that we can't move on ...

On a lighter note, it's good to have some new poles out there. I'm not sure how far putting "for disc golf use" tags on the poles would help. It could also be even more of a hindrance for those that thing the park shouldn't have disc golf in it to begin with and we may see them disappearing even faster. Not really sure what the right answer is on that part but I REALLY DO appreciate the folks that take the time and put in the resources to make these and make them available to everyone.

John
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Your no fun ne more. Ur having basket change withdraws huh lmao! U better be laughing when u read that!

But as far as mudslinging I was just informing him of the things that happened. I should of just shot him a pm or talked to em in person. My b. Oh.. an one more thing. Admins or forum mods should just clean up some of these not so good looking posts Smile
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:35 pm

LOL ... you of all people should know that I'm anything but the fun police Cool

I agree to a point on the "clean-up" I've asked for it a couple times to have a "landfill" section or a private "dumpster" that those problem threads can be moved to but still be available for reference by BOD maybe committee to justify why the thread was moved AND have for record keeping sakes.

Problem is some folks call it censorship and infringing on freedom of speech and want stuff left out for the record.

Maybe something to bring up at the next members meeting scratch
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down