PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting involved

+4
KEYCHAINSRK
Key Chains 1
joe_kool315
Kristina W
8 posters

Go down

Getting involved Empty Getting involved

Post  Kristina W Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey Guys! I am interested in getting involved with the group or even just learning to play. I am a member of a social network/club and I think this would be a great activity for us but we could use a little instruction. I visited the park yesterday and met a few guys that suggested I post on this forum and see if anyone might be intersted in giving a little lesson. I was also told that you guys regularly meet on Saturdays and Sundays and was hoping to get some more information. Contact me with details!
Thanks!
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Getting involved Empty Re: Getting involved

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Welcome to the board! I'm new w to the game myself having only played since mid-October. Drake and the Ronda at Key chains Bike and Disc store give instruction on the game to anyone that will listen. Just about anyone that plays regularly will try to help if they can. For starters you can go to youtube, of all places, and search for disc golf instructions or techniques and there are all kinds of videos on there. Both the Key chains store and Ace hardware on racetrack have beginner sets of disc's and the ones at Key chains even have a pink or purple magnet (a good putter) in the starter set.

Again welcome!

What a Face

joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Kristina W wrote:Hey Guys! I am interested in getting involved with the group or even just learning to play. I am a member of a social network/club and I think this would be a great activity for us but we could use a little instruction. I visited the park yesterday and met a few guys that suggested I post on this forum and see if anyone might be intersted in giving a little lesson. I was also told that you guys regularly meet on Saturdays and Sundays and was hoping to get some more information. Contact me with details!
Thanks!

WELCOME to DISC GOLF Very Happy

Please contact my sister, Ronda, @ Key Chains Bike & Disc (850) 226-6853 or stop by the store, 20 Walter Martin Rd, across from the FWB post office. She is responsible for getting Disc Golf in the Okaloosa County School systems and is an awesome instructor, along with Adam Drake of Playground Disc Golf Club.

Hope to hear from you soon......

Teresa sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina W Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks to Jeff, Lance and Rhonda for taking the time to chat with me and fill me in this past week!

I am looking to get a group together for an introductory 'lesson' for an hour or so at Ferry Park one Sunday afternoon in January. How about Sunday the 9th? Jeff/Adam/Rhonda - any of you available for this? It would likely be a group of at least 5-10 people. At least half will probably be affliated with our Meetup.com social club. (link: http://www.meetup.com/FWBFriends/)

Jeff/Rhonda - both of you mentioned having discs we can borrow to get us started/aqcuainted with the sport - that would be really helpful!

Our group would also probably be interested in playing in the Fling for Food rounds, as charity is right up our alley - any more info on these events would be great. Once we get involved, I'm sure we could participate in a park/course clean-up day if yall hosted one as well, fyi.

You can email me directly at krisdwitter@hotmail.com
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am

Kristina, Jan. 9th is good for me! We have discs that we can bring, as well as I know Jeff has some also. Look forward to getting you all out on the course! The Fling for Food is a fun round, you all will have a good time! See ya on the 9th!!
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 am

I would love to do a morning lesson for yall, unfortunately I have work at 1130 that day so we would have to meet about 9am if that's alright with you all? call or text me at 850 598 6971 with any questions about things going on with disc golf! I love to chat about the sport; there will not be a fling for food this weekend since it's a holiday. I'm not sure yet about doubles but I will get that stuff posted later today.

Last edited by Drake N Bake on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:33 am

my mistake in that last post, there will be a food toss
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:48 am

Kristina, Jan. 9th is also good for me!
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:01 pm

cheers
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina W Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks SO much for the responses, guys!
Rhonda/Jeff - if we can do the 9th, that works for us! How about 12:30 at the Ferry Park ball field (as Rhonda suggested)? I will let you know how many people to expect as soon as I figure it out.
Will there be a mixed doubles afterward at 2:30?
Also, can you tell me more about the Fling for Food drives?
Really looking forward to it!

Last edited by Kristina W on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina W Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:30 pm

Oh yeah - how about 12:30?
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Post  swingerfunky Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Everyone, I also met Rhonda at Keychains this week and would love to attend the Jan 9 lesson. Add 4 more to the list; myself (Charlie), my wife (Helen), and my two kids (Aiden and Juliette)!!

swingerfunky

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:58 am

I'd be there but I leave for a TDY (military speak for a work trip) on the 9th will be back for the following weekend though ;-) maybe we can get a food toss or at least the Sunday doubles going for that weekend if the weather holds out.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:32 pm

swingerfunky wrote:Hi Everyone, I also met Rhonda at Keychains this week and would love to attend the Jan 9 lesson. Add 4 more to the list; myself (Charlie), my wife (Helen), and my two kids (Aiden and Juliette)!!

~ Done ~ sunny Lets pray for good weather Wink ~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  swingerfunky Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Teresa,

We'll be praying for good weather from here!

swingerfunky

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Sounds like this going to be a good turn out! I can't wait! Very Happy
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  GDSWIZARD Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:13 pm

I'll do my best to be there as well. Sounds like the 2 of you will have your hands full!! THROW MORE GATEWAY!!!!! Twisted Evil

GDSWIZARD

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina W Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Count at least 6-7 for the Meetup.com group on the 9th at 12:30. A few of us even have discs to bring. I'll bring a cooler with some water and other beverages...hopefully it doesn't rain!! If it does, perhaps we can reschedule to the following weekend? Looking forward to it!
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina W Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Kristina W wrote:Count at least 6-7 for the Meetup.com group on the 9th at 12:30. A few of us even have discs to bring. I'll bring a cooler with some water and other beverages...hopefully it doesn't rain!! If it does, perhaps we can reschedule to the following weekend? Looking forward to it!

Um...make that about 10 of us! Very Happy Never knew I was so popular! Everyone is really looking forward to learning about this fun 'new' sport!
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Glad to see al of you all interested! We will be there!
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:37 pm

i got off from work so I can make it out to help too! I also have a friend from Panama City Beach coming in so he'll be out there too
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina W Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 pm

So, if it DOES wind up raining, can we reschedule for the following Sunday - the 16th?
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina W Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 am

Had a FANTASTIC time today and learned SO much from the numerous folks that came out to show us the ropes! Had a large group with good energy and can't wait to do it again sometime soon (when it's warmer and maybe NOT sleeting!). Thanks again guys!
~Kristina
Kristina W
Kristina W

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 am

Kristina, You all were a great group of people, and it was a pleasure showing you guys. Look forward to doing it again or playing a round on the course!
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:54 pm

glad to hear yall had fun! any time you want a course guide give me a call, 850-598-6971
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum