PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bag Tags on the food toss...

3 posters

Go down

Bag Tags on the food toss... Empty Bag Tags on the food toss...

Post  Mr.Rob Thu May 12, 2011 10:03 pm

So I had a blast today, played one of my best games out there.. My putting finally felt good. Got to play with Luke and that was nice to watch him play. He even broke out a nice turbo put over the net on 4.

But there was a problem. End of the round came along and no one tossed tags in. I was really bummed. I know we are doing it for a good cause in all but deciding to do tags AFTER the round is in my eyes not a good idea. There was only 4 tags in the pot. So if we are going to do tags can we at least make the people wanting to play for them put them in BEFORE the round.

Very Happy Other then that it was a great day of disc golf!
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Bag Tags on the food toss... Empty Re: Bag Tags on the food toss...

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Thu May 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Yes... that is how it is done. At the start NO one said we were playing for tags, which IS always said in the begining. Thats why alot of us said NO at the end. Everybody knows you try to play alittle bit better when tags are on the line. Tonight no one called tags so I for one was trying different discs and different ways of throwing, which I wouldn't do if I was playing you for my tag. I'm sorry you had one of your better games and didnt get to put it up for a tag. But next time even you can call tags at the begining. Sorry for the confusion.

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Ya its all good.. this is the 2nd time this has happened. Tags was called at the start of both. But its all good! Next time!
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Who called it?

I would like to know so it can be addressed, so it doesn't happen again. I didnt hear it while I was standing there getting my card. I only heard it at the end of the round, after everybody new there scores.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Fri May 13, 2011 1:47 am

Jason said don't worry bout it till after. Same thing as he said last time.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 am

Tags should be taken before hand by the people that want to put them up to avoid a situation like that. But in getting things ready and everyone going in the beginning it can be stressful and sometimes things slip or it seems easier to deal with them afterwards.
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 am

Mr.Rob wrote:Jason said don't worry bout it till after. Same thing as he said last time.

I will speak with Jason about the way tags are handle at the toss in the future. As Drake stated above, even when announced at the start of the toss, only people who want to play for tags should turn them in to the t.d. of the toss! The food toss isnt a bag tag round, some people just like to play for tags sometimes. And again, if the t.d. forgets due to trying to take cans, money, and hand out scorecards, you can call it for those wanting to put theres in.

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Fri May 13, 2011 9:47 am

Like I said its no biggie just wanting things to go as smooth as possible Smile
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Bag Tags on the food toss... Empty Tags

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 2:04 am

Not trying to make anyone mad but the food toss is not even supposed to be a tag round. With the amount of people we have been getting at the food toss it is very difficult and time consuming to try to figure out scores with handicapps and then going back through the cards and doing tags when everyone puts in. After the round everybody wants to get out of there asap and it just takes to long to figure out scores and then tags on top of that. We have tag rounds twice a month and u can challenge anyone u want at any time so I say we cut out putting tags in on the food toss round ! That will make it alot easier on me plus it's just a round for a great cause in the community.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sat May 14, 2011 4:14 am

I hear ya on the time frame of everything. I love doing stuff for a good cause! And having fun doing it is a huge bonus!
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down