PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food toss stats/ handicaps now in excel format!

4 posters

Go down

Food toss stats/ handicaps now in excel format! Empty Food toss stats/ handicaps now in excel format!

Post  dookiedog Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 pm

I now have the handicaps for the food toss in excel format. I was not able to attach it on the forum, but if you would like to see it, just send your e-mail address to Brian at dookiedog@cox.net and I will forward a copy to you! write something in the subject line about food toss or handicap sheet, because I have had this e-mail account forever and I get lots and lots of junk e-mail!
Have fun!
Brian

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Food toss stats/ handicaps now in excel format! Empty Re: Food toss stats/ handicaps now in excel format!

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 pm

is it a google doc or just straight up excel?

Either way, I can set it up to automatically calculate the handicap out to say ... 20 places the way ball golf handicaps are figured. This could be useful as once there are more than just the 20 scores you just replace the highest score of the 20 with the next lowest score if it's lower. This type of handicapping helps to mitigate "sandbagging" as the higher scores don't figure in after the 20th score is on record.

What a Face
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Food toss stats/ handicaps now in excel format! Empty Re: Food toss stats/ handicaps now in excel format!

Post  dookiedog Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:44 am

That sounds good. maybe we can get together and talk about it on Thursday before or after the food toss. I'll bring my laptop and show you what I have. I am not the best on excel, but I have it set up so that I enter the last 3 scores and it auto calculates the handicap based on the formula Jason gave me.
If you send your e-mail to me, I will send you what I have and you can do it your way, send it back. I will then load it on my laptop and bring it Thursday. Hope that makes sense!
I am open to doing it any way you want as long as it is: 1.) Fair to everyone 2.) Agreeable by the majority of players and 3.) Easy for me to do! (I'm not the best at these things, but I can find my way around a computer!)
Sounds like your idea meets those requirements, so lets try it!

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:18 am

Nice work guys!!

~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:12 pm

you have a pm ...

Cool
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Bravo
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down