PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

food toss results for 9/1/11

+2
joe_kool315
dookiedog
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

food toss results for 9/1/11 Empty food toss results for 9/1/11

Post  dookiedog Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 am

The Thursday food toss was a great time for all 15 who played, but at the end of the round only one was victorious. Russell won the toss with a -10 (44) and also won the ace pot with a sweet ace at #10 am tees! Not bad for his first official food toss from the ams. Great job Russell!!!

Russell took home the ace pot, which had grown to $73.50 Everyone start practicing for the next ace pot! It could be you next time!

In the shadows, I finished a distant 2nd place (-7, 47) after winning a CTP on the practice basket with John C. to break a tie!

The food bank didn't do so bad either. We collected 24 canned goods and $21.00 cash. The totals to date are: 31 cans and $71.00 cash.

Start practicing the long tees for next week (9-8.) Looks like we will have another good turnout!

Below are the new handicaps for the players who participated on 9-1. These new handicaps will be applied on 9-15 for the short tees. Remember, negative numbers mean your score will have that amount (rounded to the nearest whole number) added to your round score, and positive numbers will have that amount deducted from their round score.

Greg -3.5 Ronda 0.0 Patsy H. 11.5 Rob -0.5
John C. -4.8 Joel Sr. -3.2 Luke -7.2KC Gary H. -0.5 KC 1.1
Mike -1.6
Bert -4.3 Brian -3.5 Russell -10.0
Jeremy 0.0 Tron -1.0

Thanks to all who participated and donated!

Have fun!

Brian

Last edited by dookiedog on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

food toss results for 9/1/11 Empty Re: food toss results for 9/1/11

Post  joe_kool315 Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:54 am

Since we're going to get the Ace pot started back up before the members meeting, I'd like to suggest that the "food toss" pot be a 50/50 from now on since this is really a fundraising event anyway. The 50/50 being split with half going to the Ace and half going to the club?

If everyone likes that idea then it'll need to be call "50/50 Ace Pot" so when new folks show up and participate and possibly win, like last night, they don't get upset when half the pot goes to the club.

Just a thought ... what do the rest of you think Question

joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:10 am

I like the idea, but I would propose one change further...since it takes sooooo long to build the pot, why not make it $2.00 for the ace pot. The ace pot won by Russell took about 11 weeks to build to $73.00

I guess my point is that people may not be too interested in the ace pot if it doesn't grow fast enough.

On the other hand, is $2.00 too much to ask when people are already donating for the food banks?

Discussion welcome!!! Tell me what's on your mind!

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:35 pm

If it is turned into a 50/50 pot then I wouldn't mind doing what I did to the last pot and pop 30-40 bucks to get it started. Without that the current winner of the ace pot would of only got around 30-40 bucks.

I don't mind donating to a good cause and to draw interest into the Ace pot it really needs to have a $ min to start it off. Who would really want to put 1$ into a pot worth 5$? But a 1$ towards say 20$ sounds a lot better.

50/50 though would only work in my eyes if the pot reached a $ that was worth splitting. I'd say come up with a winner take all amount, then after that turn it into a 50/50 pot where Half goes to the winner and half goes to the Course! Not Charity. Don't want anyone to think that IDC about Charity because I do. Just we pay 3$ or 3 can goods toward it every thrus. Why not take that same theory that we use on helping local charities and put it into helping improve on what we love to do?

Thoughts? I know I kinda went all over the place tossing around ideas as I thought of them. So.. lol sorry ahead of time.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:09 am

Good ideas Rob. The idea John and I are kicking around here is that the 50/50 pot proceeds would go to the club. Sorry if I didn't clarify that in the earlier posts. With the new board soon to be elected I would strongly suggest specific accountability from the treasurer to post what is being done with the money.
To get to what you are saying, I like all of it except one thing: You putting in money from your own pocket. There must be some way for us to do this without you having to dig into your pockets every time an ace is won. It's a great offer, and I appreciate it (As would everyone else), but you shouldn't have to do it. I'll have to brainstorm that one for ideas....
Okay. thought about it (editing now!)
Who says the ace pot has to be money??? Money is great, but maybe we could solicit some local businesses we know and have them kick in something like a $5 gift card or something like that to start the pot each time. I would be willing to toss in 2 free smoothie cards to help up the value for this new pot. Anyway, that is my suggestion.

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:11 am

I'm bout to go to bed and I'm on my phone so this will be sort.

My whole theory behind starting the ace pot was a "marketing" tool to get more people to show up. It was suppsoed to be used to get more players out to get donations higher an so more support for the club. That is why I put money in that time. I don't have a problem tossing 5-10-20 bucks in depending how fast the aces are hit if I know its doing what I had planned... more golfers.. more donations..ect ect.

Ill post more tomorrow
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 am

I think there would be several people that wouldn't mind kicking in a few extra bucks to start it off. I'd be happy to throw some in when I get a chance.

and yeah, the gift cards idea sounds good. it would be pretty cool to hit an ace and get a free dinner or so.
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:48 am

Hey guys!
I don't think the Ace Pot should be split 50/50! As Rob has stated, the ace pot is an extra for players! No where I have ever played,when there was an ace pot, is it ever split between anything! It is a way to get more people involved and just a perk!

We voting one time on taking a $1 from the $3 entry fee for the club! This never happened! We do need to start making money for the club, just not out of the Ace Pot!

I will also put some money in to start the new pot!

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:25 am

I disagree with splitting the ace pot. I feel that having an ace pot is an extra incentive to those that wish to participate. Any tourney I have ever been to or put on, there is always an optional ace pot and none of those funds come back to the hosting clubs. It goes to the "ACE WINNER".

I feel it should stay optional and ALL go to the winner, in my opinion Very Happy

Brian..... awesome getting all the info posted!! Laughing

~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:55 pm

1$ out of every donation going towards the club is actually a great idea! But how do you get $ if from what I see most people just bring cans? I don't know the behind the closed doors stuff so I have no clue where or how the money comes from for the club. I can only assume it comes straight out of people pockets. The membership fee probally gets choppd up going towards Tags & Shirts. So I don't see much money going to the club from that.

The 50/50 ace pot hmm.. After reading some more I am on the fence about it. I'll leave that up to the board to figure out lol! My only advice would be keep it someway that it can be used to help get more people out playing!

Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:37 pm

This past Thursday food toss, we had 8 people bring cans and 7 people pay $3. So, for my first time running the food toss, the money vs. cans ratio was about 50%. I have no idea if that ratio is constant. I do know that I always give money.

How about this idea:
2 cans plus $1 for the club
OR
$2 for the food bank and $1 for the club

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:08 pm

dookiedog wrote:$2 for the food bank and $1 for the club

This is how it was supposed to be all along per Jeff and Drake at our 1st members meeting and elections Cool it was just never done No ......

~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:08 am

what about the cans? if they give 3 cans then there is nothing going to the club...unless you want to give the food bank two of those cans, keep one can for the club and then we can get the ladies to cook up something good! LOL I'm cracking myself up! ---JK ladies!---

Maybe we should turn it into an all cash event. (still $3 - $2/$1 split) I don't think the food bank would mind collecting cash each month. And it sure would be a lot easier to transport.

Cash also allows them to buy those items that are in demand at the time they receive the donation. And because some cans can be bought for less than $1, the food banks would benefit again.

Do you like this idea? Do you hate it? Do you just think I'm crazy!?? Don't answer the last question! Let me know what you guys think!

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 pm

dookiedog wrote:what about the cans? if they give 3 cans then there is nothing going to the club...unless you want to give the food bank two of those cans, keep one can for the club and then we can get the ladies to cook up something good! LOL I'm cracking myself up! ---JK ladies!---

Maybe we should turn it into an all cash event. (still $3 - $2/$1 split) I don't think the food bank would mind collecting cash each month. And it sure would be a lot easier to transport.

Cash also allows them to buy those items that are in demand at the time they receive the donation. And because some cans can be bought for less than $1, the food banks would benefit again.

Do you like this idea? Do you hate it? Do you just think I'm crazy!?? Don't answer the last question! Let me know what you guys think!

The food toss should stay just that..... the food toss. The reason that $$$ started coming in is for people that did not have time or just did not want to stop and get cans. The food banks are in great need @ all times, especially lately in our economy. And the $$$ helps out the Harvest House. So in my opinion, the toss needs to stay the way it is and if you want to make extra $$ for club, think up other ideas
~TK~
sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:37 pm

TK - the only reason we are at this point is because I was told that it was decided in a BOD meeting many many months ago that it was going to be a $2/$1 split, and it was supposed to be that way for all this time, but no one ever started collecting for the club. So to that end, I am just trying to find a way that it can be done. If ev1 is in agreement that no money should go to the club at the food toss, then let's put it up for vote, or let the new BOD decide the fate of it. But I have been told that it should be getting done per the previous BOD's decision.

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes, it was voted on back in March for the Food Toss to be 3 can goods or $3. If any money was taken in at the Food Toss, $2 would go to The Harvest House and $1 would go to the club! If no money was collected then the club wouldn't make any that week!

The Food Toss needs to stay the Food Toss! This event was created to help our local food banks and any monies collected is to help the community(The Harvest House). If the club makes a $1 great, if it doesn't, thats why its considered a charity event! The City and County Gov. are also aware of this event and think very highly of it. I am not in favor of changing the food toss!

I'm not trying to be an a@#, but we have been doing this for over a year and the food banks are very thankful. There are alot of people in need of food these days and this event has helped out tremendously! This is about the most positive thing the PDGC has done for our community.

I agree the club needs to start a way to make money for its self, so leave the Food Toss alone and think of another way. Russell Gray has some great ideas for raising money for the club!

Ronda

Last edited by KEYCHAINSRK on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:50 pm

dookiedog wrote:TK - the only reason we are at this point is because I was told that it was decided in a BOD meeting many many months ago that it was going to be a $2/$1 split, and it was supposed to be that way for all this time, but no one ever started collecting for the club. So to that end, I am just trying to find a way that it can be done. If ev1 is in agreement that no money should go to the club at the food toss, then let's put it up for vote, or let the new BOD decide the fate of it. But I have been told that it should be getting done per the previous BOD's decision.

No, it wasn't in a BOD meeting, it was at a club meeting, where the President at the time and the Treasurer at the time announced to the ENTIRE CLUB, after all members that were present agreed, that $ 2.00 would go to the harvest house and $ 1.00 would go to the club. Had our secretary at the time taken the proper documentation and posted it, there would be no issues. I do believe that I told you this in the store on Saturday that $1.00 should have always been going to the club, therefore the club would be making some $$ if people forgot their cans and paid cash instead, so I am not sure why this is an issue still Question . But yes any issues that are out there should be addressed once the new board is elected. ~TK~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 pm

I don't think there is an issue TK...maybe a very little bump in the road at the most!

Let me explain...

Since I took the food toss last week, and started posting stats, etc., new ideas have come up - some by me , and some by other members. We need new ideas to keep it interesting. I respect the fact that the money is intended for Harvest House and we should not touch it. Just wish it had been conveyed to me last week before all the posts.
Anyway, That's what I am trying to do...run the food toss and keep the same integrity it has gained with the food banks.
Your post a few days ago said it was supposed to be the 2/1 split since it was decided but it was never implemented. But you didn't say in that post you were opposed to it. As a matter of fact, not one person has told me they were opposed to the split until now.
To clarify, I DO NOT not have an issue with this nor am I not opposed to doing it in any fashion the club wishes. I am not angry...my feelings are not hurt. I am not trying to change it to suit my agenda or do it to gain brownie points with members, etc.!!! LOL!! If it shouldn't be a split as was previously decided, then that is fine by me too. But you have to understand, I voluntarily took over the food toss, THEN found out about the 2/1 thing after the fact. I am sure that this was just forgotten about by those who knew about it, but when I found out about the supposed split, I figured I had better start doing what the club voted on. That is where the posts started. I can assure that I WILL NOT make any changes to the current food toss, unless it comes from the board or majority. Ideas are okay, but this is not MY food toss to change. But ideas are always welcome. Okay now... lets just chill for a minute, collect ourselves, and start over with some new ideas. Everything will be fine. I think the food toss will continue to grow and we will be able to have a lot more donations in time! Together as a team we can make great things happen with the club and the community!

Last edited by dookiedog on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Once again, and it will be my last on this subject..... no one is opposed to the 2-1 split because that is what ALL of the members agreed upon.... $2 to the charity and $1 to the club... AGAIN WHY is this still an issue of this topic if this is what is FINALLY being implemented after if was already agreed upon?

I also agree that new ideas need to be implemented, however you don't need to fix something that is not broken, just maybe tweek it. The ACE POT at the food toss has been a GREAT addition and I would hate to see that change as well. It has brought others into the toss that had not normally been a part of it. It's all about growing the sport , right Question

Move on to other subjects that need this much attention, in my opinion. Nite Nite all
~TK~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Ok........,I just re-read all the food toss posts. NO where does it say that anyone is opposed to $2 to Harvest House and $1 to the club!

What I am opposed to is this:

dookiedog wrote:
what about the cans? if they give 3 cans then there is nothing going to the club...unless you want to give the food bank two of those cans, keep one can for the club and then we can get the ladies to cook up something good! LOL I'm cracking myself up! ---JK ladies!---

Food Toss needs to be run; 3 can goods or $3 dollars. At this time if there are monies collected then $2 will go to H. H. and $1 will go to club!

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Please ... can we put this all on hole till the meeting?

the LAST thing I want is all the new members we've been gaining over the past few months to find our website and see ... THIS along with some of the other augmentative and inflammatory stuff that continues to creep up where the previous BOD is concerned.

I'm sure in the beginning, everyone had the clubs best interest at heart. It's funny how real life happening and issues can change folks visions. Those folks have stepped down the club has taken steps to rectify this so please, PLEASE .. lets take this time to allow some of these things to fix themselves under the new BOD team, once they're in place, and then all of these small issues can be voted on or brought forward for voting one by one.

Airing dirty laundry in an open forum causes the whole club to smell...

I've mentioned this a couple times in several other posts and, while I do respect the fact that we don't want to "hide" things from the general public. Most of the background discussions, a lot of the mud slinging and all of the name calling should be done behind closed "doors".

What a Face
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Really.. one of the problems we have had in the past is people not talking,doing their jobs, pretty much not wanting to do anything.

The reason for this is people trying to come in and change one of the only things that have been positive. I mean really......., I think the members would be glad someone said NO. Not changing the Food Toss.

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:39 pm

I promise....I am not bickering or anything. Just trying to do the food toss to the best of my ability. This is just a good debate! I think I understand what you are saying RK - is this correct?

- you don't want it to be a cash only cash event ?-

If that was the point, I'm sorry, and was misunderstanding your and TK's point all along.

And if I am understanding it correctly, I apologize for the mix-up. I thought all this time you were saying you were opposed to the 2/1 split!

GEEZ...this is why I like telephones!!!

Oh yeah....btw...RK - I wil call you tomorrow!!! lol good night!

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:58 am

Wozer Guys.. I've skimmed over some of the posts. Mostly seems like all this stuff is being blown way out of proportion. Sad How about for now on if you have a problem or just can't leave well enough alone you take it to a PM and keep it off the public forums? It would be nice to get on here and not see bickering for once.
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Mr.Rob wrote:Wozer Guys.. I've skimmed over some of the posts. Mostly seems like all this stuff is being blown way out of proportion. Sad How about for now on if you have a problem or just can't leave well enough alone you take it to a PM and keep it off the public forums? It would be nice to get on here and not see bickering for once.

Once the bod is elected there is a bod thread that you cant see! All of this will be on there! But there again this is a public forum and its not going to be all smiles and giggles all the time!

I just re-read all these posts again and no where did I see name calling or bickering! This was a discussion between club members on how the food toss has been run in the past and where it should go in the future! At no time where none of us being mean, disresepctful or getting out of hand! So not sure where the two of you where trying to go with your statements. The forum is a place to discuss issues!

Ronda
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next