PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club sponsored Glow round???

+3
DISCKEY
joe_kool315
dookiedog
7 posters

Go down

Club sponsored Glow round??? Empty Club sponsored Glow round???

Post  dookiedog Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 am

I would like to propose a glow round mini-tournament on Saturday, Sep. 24th at 6:00 or 6:30 (sign-up), for all PDGC members with some of the proceeds going to the club.

My idea includes maybe a mens pro and am, and womens. Maybe a $10-$15 entry with 70% going to pay out the top three in each category and 30% going back to the club. Or we could do doubles???

Please give your input. I think this would be great fun, but I would need help setting it up. Also, these ideas are ONLY suggestions...the only definite thing I know is that with the seasons beginning to change, I'd like to play a glow round!!! Maybe we could put feelers out to see if enough members are even interested in it.
Also, with the elections and changes of the club, etc., maybe it's too much to pile on top of everything else. If you think we need to wait, that's fine too.
Don't be afraid to tell me your thoughts.

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Club sponsored Glow round??? Empty Re: Club sponsored Glow round???

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:34 am

Something about the park "closing" at night keeps us from having "official" functions like those glow rounds. I'm sure we can try to bring it up to the park again and as always $$$ talks. Maybe paying their $5 a head fee they charge for out other tourneys might get us the "OK" we need to put something like this on?

But that's why there hasn't been anything club sponsored or official in the past.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:47 am

Dang....with that said, anyone up for a fun glow round if we cant do a sactioned event?

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  DISCKEY Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:00 pm

I think you should try to line something up the Saturday night before the Ace Race. $5-10 singles or random doubles round?

DISCKEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:30 pm

the park closes at 11:45 pm. I'm pretty sure you can hold an event up til then. also, everytime we've talked to a police officer they have said "as long as you aren't destroying the park or causing trouble we don't mind."
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:41 pm

DISCKEY wrote:I think you should try to line something up the Saturday night before the Ace Race. $5-10 singles or random doubles round?

I really like this idea. I will ask for support at the food toss and talk to Ronda. See if we (ev1 at food toss) can come up with something collectively. But hopefully we could get a good turnout on the night before the ace race.

As far as the park being closed, I used to walk my dog there at 3am, and never had a problem. There were even a few officers who patrolled that would regularly stop to say' "hi" if they saw me there. They never said anything about the park being closed.

I personally don't think it would be a problem as long as like Drake said we aren't destroying things. Also, I think we would need to remind everyone attending to respect the neighbors and be courteous (quiet) to them as it gets later in the evening. If they complain then I'm sure we would not be allowed to do future glow rounds. But if the neighbors are okay it may open the door for future night activities!

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Due to a lack of support for this function and no offers to help, I have decided to abandon the plans for a glow round.

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:42 pm

It's a hard thing to do. If we were at a park where we wernt right up against houses and not had past problems with late night things there. I'd say go for it but it's just risky. But like I said.. it's just something you have to go for and see what happens. ONly problem I see is if you get $$ involved and something does happen to were it's shut down. Thats when things get dicey.

Sad Never done a glow round nor do I own any glow discs.. but I'd love to do one sometime.. Maybe if or when the new course is open we could do it there?
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:25 pm

OK here's the rub ... I enjoy glow rounds just as much or more as the next guy. I'm down for helping where I can and I think we can start making this a regular even with sunset closing in on the 6:45 mark. we can start at 7 and be done by 9ish 10 at the latest, well before the 10:30 "closing" especially if we keep it to 4 ppl to a card like the other events and keeping your "disc searching" times down.

if we can get the glow "tourney" organized for the 1st that would be a good starter. When the time changes ... that may put a wrinkle in things for a month or so but we should still be able to shift things.

I think as long as everyone know up front to keep the calibrations to a minimum ... general chit chat won't draw much attention, I could be wrong.

In efforts to help get everything kickstarted I'd be good with either a $5 or $10 buy in, pay out to the top 5 places (totaly dependant on # signed up) and the first few time we do it, it should most likely be as random draw doubles. I invision 25% to 1st, 15% 2nd, 10% 3rd, 5% for 4th & 5th remainder to club. Again this is just a thought and a way to get things kick started since we need to be able to pay for things as a club.

Thoughts?
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:59 pm

joe_kool315 wrote:
I think as long as everyone know up front to keep the calibrations to a minimum ... general chit chat won't draw much attention, I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

Oh well..... that certainly counts me out lol! , as I like to CHAT quite a bit affraid

Also the 1st will not work for me either, it's my punky's birthday party cheers

~TK~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Key Chains 1 wrote:
joe_kool315 wrote:

Thoughts?

Oh well..... that certainly counts me out lol! , as I like to CHAT quite a bit affraid

Also the 1st will not work for me either, it's my punky's birthday party cheers

~TK~ sunny

"general chit chat won't draw much attention" <---- you should be fine!
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  dookiedog Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 pm

I suggested at the meeting that we could do sign up before dark (6 or 6:30) and even start before dark and end the round after dark as an idea, but it got no support. You could try it. I would come and play if my plans were open.

dookiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogie Queen Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm

The park does not close till 10:00 or 10:30pm. Surely we could have a good glow round without any trouble. The noise issue comes into play after the park closes. I am sure that it wouldn't take us more than 3 hours to play a round and I am sure that we can all conduct ourselves in a respectable manner. There is nothing here to stop us. We can talk and laugh and play and even make some noise right up to the time the park closes. After that then we should be respectful of the residents and go home. Simple as that. I understand that there have been issues in the past. I also know that we have a right to use the park up to the time they close. I have been there late at night with 4 people past the time the park closed. Even talked to the police about some vandalism we witnessed. We weren't given a hard time for being there. Nor were we told to go. This is doable peeps. As long as we pull together, know our rights and most of all be respectful of the people in and around the park. Hope to see this happen.
Bogie Queen
Bogie Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down