PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What apps are you guys using for playing DG if any?

3 posters

Go down

What apps are you guys using for playing DG if any?  Empty What apps are you guys using for playing DG if any?

Post  joe_kool315 Fri May 31, 2013 11:23 am

I've come across several new (new to me at least) ones lately and thought we could list them all in one post for folks to see and decide which ones they want to try/use/buy if applicable. I'll try to keep the top post updated with all the uinputs from everyone along with a very brief pro/con description.

couple that I've used:

Disc Golf Ace: No longer available

Disc Caddy Disc Golf Scorecard: Basic scorecard app

I recently found UDisc ... I'm thinking about trying ou tthe free one but if anyone's used the "pay" one give me some insight.

Other Disc Golf related apps:

Disc Golf Course Maps: helps locate close by courses when out of town on trips. DGCR.Com is good for this as well.

Joe's Universal Flight Chart: Shows how discs will fly in compairison to each other across all manufacturers using a single style "flight rating system" Once you understand the rating system they use you can see what discs fly similarly across multple manufacturers. CON: Sometimes slow to get newer discs/molds updated in the chart

PDGA Rule Book: self explanitory Wink no one with a smart phone has an excuse to not know the rules of play. Great for when someone tries to tell you their "local rules" are THE rules LOL.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

What apps are you guys using for playing DG if any?  Empty Re: What apps are you guys using for playing DG if any?

Post  Eric B Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:06 am

I use "easy scorecard" for my scorecard app. I like it because of the statistics features (tracks your average for each hole per course), good sorting where you can look at your stats for only short tees or only long tees. You can use it for either ball golf or disc golf (has separate modes for each). There is a "pro" version that is $3.99 but I just use the free version. Not sure what you get with the pro version.

Eric B

Back to top Go down

What apps are you guys using for playing DG if any?  Empty Re: What apps are you guys using for playing DG if any?

Post  Mr.Rob Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:48 pm

^^ Same
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down