PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags

4 posters

Go down

Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags Empty Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags

Post  Panda Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Here ya go! A peek at what the new bag tags will look like!
Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags Playground
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags Empty Re: Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags

Post  Pappy Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:00 am

jeff m wrote:Here ya go! A peek at what the new bag tags will look like!

I'm thinking about signing up. How/when will they be issued? What are the rules?

FYI, I heard quite a few comments last season out on the course on the lack of integrity of some players; not making themselves available for challenges, not bringing their tags with them, etc. I don't know how you can force good sportsmanship, but you may want to have people sign some sort of agreement as a good faith gesture to participate.

Last edited by Pappy on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags Empty Re: Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags

Post  Panda Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:48 am

Joel,
Hopefully they will be done by the middle of Jan. We just received the print of what the tag will look like today and did give the go head so..... we are hoping to have them in the next couple weeks. We will keep everyone informed as when we will have the bag tag challenge for the 2011 tags.. As for you other question, just come to the meeting Jan. 9th as im sure that will be discussed.
Jeff
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 am

I also talked with Drake about keeping some sort of "contact" list email/phone/signing up on the site here as a prerequisite as well. That way it can be listed in a thread here and tracked for more folks to be able to challenge and play folks close to their skill level. After all, the premise behind the tags isn't so much to rank out folks as it is just to get folks out to play more often and in turn getting folks that are closely matched together for a more fun challenge every now and again. I don't mind at all playing with you guys that birdie every to every other hole and hit a couple aces a month (wait ... did I have 2 in December What a Face ) but for us newbes we have to just go out and "play our own game" when we're playing with you rockstars, otherwise it gets frustrating trying to keep up.

I say this here as I'm going to be out of town for the meeting on the 9th, so if someone could bring this up that would be awesome Cool
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 am

Joe, I think its a good idea to have some kind of contact info. for members of the club. But like I said before, theres really not a way to keep track of who has what tag # at any giving time. 1. You dont have to be a member to have a tag. 2. There are people in P-cola and Moblie with tags. 3. One tag will change hands 10 times in one day.

As for the rules, It was to my knowledge that you had 2 weeks to play if challenged. Its my opinion, players should not be allowed to leave during a tag round and not give up their tag.

As for making people play, crap happens and some people with low tags cant get out to play. And then there are the people from out of town and people who just want them as a collector type of thing. So if a low tag disappears theres not much you can do about.

Its of my opinion also that this year is going to be alot more organized and is going to be fun, enjoyable and run smoothly.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 am

jeff m wrote:Here ya go! A peek at what the new bag tags will look like!
Sneak peek at the 2011 PDGC bag tags Playground

Tags look great! Good job guys!!
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:31 am

Saw the new tags yesterday, they are great!!!
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:54 am

I too saw the tags yesterday and they are very nice!
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down