PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulf Breeze Ace Race

2 posters

Go down

Gulf Breeze Ace Race Empty Gulf Breeze Ace Race

Post  Key Chains 1 Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Just saw on facebook that ECDGC has scheduled their Ace Race @ Sunset for October 23rd!! Woot Woot cheers

Looking forward to all of these this year sunny

Have a great rest of the week ~ TK ~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Gulf Breeze Ace Race Empty Re: Gulf Breeze Ace Race

Post  Matt D Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Thanks T. Here's the info:

**************************************************************************************

The Emerald Coast Disc Golf Club Proudly Presents
The 5th Annual Discraft Ace Race at the Sunset Disc Golf Park in beautiful Gulf Breeze, Florida
Saturday, October 23rd
Your hosts will be TD's James "TINMAN" Tinsley & Matt Davenport

$25 gets you 2 - Prototype discs, hat, mini, bag tag & lunch
You must be pre-registered by Friday October 8th

We are asking for a donation of non-perishable food items which we will give to our local Manna Food Bank

Check in & disc selection: 8:00 - 9:30am
Players Meeting: 9:40am
First round tee time: 10:00am
Lunch between rounds (provided)
Second round following lunch

The winner will win a new Discraft bag full of new Discraft plastic
All those that hit an Ace will win a prize

We will be offering an optional $2 Ace Pot this year. If we have 6 Aces throughout the day the Ace Pot will be split into 6 equal portions and each person that Aced will get a share. If, of course, you got in the Ace Pot. If you're not in it, you're S.O.L. Get two Aces? Get two shares of the Ace Pot.

The Emerald Coast Disc Golf Club will be providing water and other beverages free of charge

Banging Baked Goods & Tasty Treats By Ms. Brooke will be offered free of charge at the sign in table

You may pre-register at all the Wednesday Doubles Rounds between now and 10/6/10. You may also pre-register at all the Thursday Fling For Food rounds between now and 10/7/10. I will also be coming out to Blue Angel Park on Sunday morning, 9/19/10 in an attempt to get some of our Blue Angel Brothers & Sisters signed up. If you can't make any of these sign up opportunities, James will be setting up a paypal account next week as another option. We will be posting details on this option then. You may also call me at (850) 390-2177 and I'll meet you somewhere to get you registered.

Cash is preferred, if you must pay by check, please make it payable to The Emerald Coast Disc Golf Club.

For you die-hards out there, (you know who you are) there will be a Bag Tag round following the Ace Race.

We hope to see all your smiling faces on October 23rd

***************************************************************************************
Matt D
Matt D

Back to top Go down

Gulf Breeze Ace Race Empty Link to paypal option

Post  Matt D Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:06 am

If you would like to sign up for the Gulf Breeze Ace Race my partner, James, has set up a paypal account to make it easier. Here's the link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=QqOtegzyXo-OP4sZoCKq-URfYaM0ezAyPSvUvNmbxwpBB8LID1DWrXOfPHy&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b0819812f77a5508bed785ce95c4858b848445

Thanks y'all. Looking forward to throwing down with you on October 23rd.

Matt
Matt D
Matt D

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt D Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:14 am

Just wanted to remind everyone that you only have until this Friday, 10/8/10, to sign up for the Discraft Ace Race at Sunset Park in Gulf Breeze.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt D
Matt D

Back to top Go down

Gulf Breeze Ace Race Empty Just 3 days until the Race

Post  Matt D Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 pm

THE DISCS ARE IN! THE DISCS ARE IN!!!

I just wanted to stop back in and thank the folks who signed up. I think we'll have P'cola, Milton, Navarre, Fort Walton Beach and Panama City in the house. It's going to be a lot of fun.

I also wanted to thank our sponsors for donating prizes. Ace Hardware of Fort Walton Beach & Niceville is donating some nice prizes as are the local Waterboyz. Waterboyz will also have a merchandise table set up at the course if you need anything. I truly can't thank you guys enough for supporting our Ace Race.

edit: I just spoke to Chris "Crispy Critter" Byrnes and JoSer Raymer who will be loaning us a couple of portable baskets for the Ace Race. By using these we can attempt to take "The Black Lagoon" out of play as much as possible. Thank you both very much. We also want to thank Chris Byrnes and his company Coastal Tinting for the donation of a couple more prizes.

Thanks also to Goat Lips Pub for the prize donation and to Sweetwater Brewery out of Atlanta, GA for hooking us up with a keg of Sweetwater 420. The beer will be available at Goat Lips after the Ace Race.

I'd like to remind everyone that we will be accepting donations of cash and/or non-perishable food items that will be given to the local Manna Food bank in Pensacola. Please help with this noble cause, if you are able.

Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to thank Discraft for sponsoring this fun event every year. As we all know our prime directive is to "Grow The Sport", and you folks do it right.

See you cats Saturday morning. Don't forget your $2 for the Ace Pot, 'cause you just never know...

Peace on y'all,
Captain Panic
Cool

Last edited by Matt D on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more thanks to be made)
Matt D
Matt D

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt D Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:37 pm

I wanted to be sure y'all got this info on the 2010 Ace Race disc.

Just got an update from discraft. Looks like we're throwing a HORNET.

2010 prototype approved, named

-----------------------

Players agree that this disc is a great fit between the Wasp and the Drone, and several players suggested the name Hornet. We thought that was a winner, so welcome to the hive, Hornet!

The disc is now approved for PDGA tournament play, and Ace Race copies are legal. Please spread to the word to your players.

Hornet will be released to the general public soon; we plan on running the production version in Z plastic with a max weight of 178 grams. Lower weights down to 150 may be possible.

The ESP (Ace Race) version has been given a stability rating of 2.0.

----------------------------------

Thanks again y'all for coming out. Can't wait for next years event.

Matt
Matt D
Matt D

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down