PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Doubles ...

3 posters

Go down

Weekly Doubles ... Empty Weekly Doubles ...

Post  joe_kool315 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Attendance has fallen off to the point that we're just playing casual rounds. Just thought I'd let everyone know that Johnny King was out today. We ended up tossing a casual round and having a good time.

A few things have happened not the least of which is the HEAT ... it's summer and folks are doing "summer stuff" beaches, vacations, among other things. I just wanted to let everyone know that the events are still happening. I haven't made them all myself either so ... we'll get the attendance back up eventually. You guys are great! all of you have or have access to my number so if you're going to make the doubles shoot me a text or gimme a call.

Thanks all!

John

joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Weekly Doubles ... Empty Re: Weekly Doubles ...

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 am

Sorry John, I have been busy with our new house and other things going on. I will try to be out this coming Sunday!

RK
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rob Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 am

Rumor has it that a lot of the normal crew doesn't show up to dubz because of the pro/am split. Money on the line.. they don't want to get stuck with a bad partner.

Which is pretty lame.. but just giving a heads up on part of the reason people have not been showing.

Myself, moving Sad But now it's game on!
Mr.Rob
Mr.Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I know of one in particular that doesn't show for that reason ... hadn't heard much about it from others outside of a few of us that were on the cusp of the pro-advance/am-novice split. Honestly there haven't been enough beginners showing to do a real pro/am split in 6 months or longer that I can recall so this has been a non-issue. One thing I've learned in my life is that you're never going to make everyone happy, even when you do what the majority of the group want. Someone's always going to complain about something.

The WHOLE reason to do the pro/am way ... which was what the majority wanted ... was to help get the younger or not-as-good players out there knowing they'd be partnered up with someone they could 1) learn from and 2) not have to worry too much about throwing a bad shot since the "pro" should be able to play a safe/good shot. The club event was not set up to be a huge "money maker" for anyone which is why I usually pay-out to 3rd place AND the club isn't even taking a cut (even though that's the way it should have been!).

I know I got some grumblings playing in an am slot so I had been playing in a advanced slot unless there were a lot of "pros" that showed. Rob & Greg are in the same boat.

There's a lot of things that have happened that are not inline with the direction that the club was heading according to it's members voices. It's definitely time for another members meeting and everyone needs to make an effort to be there so we can all get back on the same page. I don't participate in things that aren't in line with what the members that put me in office want, that's why the baskets stayed in the same position for about 3 months earlier, among other thing...

A lot of people, including most of the BoD, have had some pretty challenging things come in their lives this past year and some things have fallen through the cracks. We are rectifying the situation and getting everything back on track as quick as we can.

Thanks!
John
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down