PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COURSE CLEAN-UP

+3
Panda
Pappy
KEYCHAINSRK
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty COURSE CLEAN-UP

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am

We will be having a course clean-up, Sat. Feb. 5th @ Ferry Park! Start time is 8:00am. If you cant make it at 8,come any time to help out.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty Park Clean Up

Post  Pappy Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 am

I hope you folks don't get too mad, but I went by and spoke to Jeff Peters today about letting me cut down the trees that are in the path at hole #5. If it were just a matter of me smacking them all the time (which I do), I'd just suck it up, but my disc keeps bouncing into the yard next to it and I don't like going in and retreiving it. I can just step over the fence, but most can't/don't. Their fence is being pulled down and the signs they put up to keep people out were tore down by someone and thrown in the ditch - not a good image on the disc throwers.

I hope me and my chainsaw will see you in the park on the 5th.

Pappy

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty Re: COURSE CLEAN-UP

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Pappy wrote:I hope you folks don't get too mad, but I went by and spoke to Jeff Peters today about letting me cut down the trees that are in the path at hole #5. If it were just a matter of me smacking them all the time (which I do), I'd just suck it up, but my disc keeps bouncing into the yard next to it and I don't like going in and retreiving it. I can just step over the fence, but most can't/don't. Their fence is being pulled down and the signs they put up to keep people out were tore down by someone and thrown in the ditch - not a good image on the disc throwers.

While I am all for keeping people out of homeowners yards, I dont want to take away from the challenge of our little course. I used to hit the tree on 5, but just change my line. If limbs are in the way of walking or are a danger to anyone, by all means cut them down. If its a matter of changing the line of your throw, then do that. We dont need to make the holes any easier. There are alot of tourneys coming up, the course needs to be as challenging as possible. I also will talk to Peters today if needed.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm

I agree with Ronda. I don't want to take away from the challenge of our course either and we don't need to make the holes any easier. Just change your line. Very Happy
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 pm

I've banged my fair share of discs off that tree as well, especially being a noob, but it's forcing me to focus more on my control and looking at some "form critical" teaching discs to throw to be a better all around player. Something all courses should have us striving to do. Improve your game, don't renovate the course to fit your game.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 pm

now that I think about it ... all those trees on #12 are really in the way. If we cut like, 6 or 7 of them out it'd almost be a straight shot. scratch Suspect

better yet ... how about we just set 2 baskets on either corner of the ball field outfield by #7 and 17's pro box and the other in the other side of the field and we can just play back and fourth 9 times for our 18 holes. cheers

affraid

OK OK ... maybe I'm just being a smarty pants now ... I go find some beer now drunken
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DISCKEY Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Let's don't chop down that tree! #12 use to be the hardest hole out there, but the overhanging tree got chopped down and now it's a strait shot.

DISCKEY

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Well I hope YOU are happy! Limb on #5 was just cut down by the city and now they are going through the course per Jeff Peters. Learn to F'N throw people.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty it's not right

Post  slingshot,scott Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Pappy wrote:I hope you folks don't get too mad, but I went by and spoke to Jeff Peters today about letting me cut down the trees that are in the path at hole #5. If it were just a matter of me smacking them all the time (which I do), I'd just suck it up, but my disc keeps bouncing into the yard next to it and I don't like going in and retreiving it. I can just step over the fence, but most can't/don't. Their fence is being pulled down and the signs they put up to keep people out were tore down by someone and thrown in the ditch - not a good image on the disc throwers.

-----------------------it should have not been done like that,you know laid back this really gets on my nerves

slingshot,scott

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:31 pm

yep, just got a pic txt msg from greg, and the limb is gone

RIP poor limb Crying or Very sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:30 pm

No No No all I can say is WOW affraid ~T K ~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:15 pm

It was just brought to my attn. that Steve Hollis of Mango Disc Golf has posted that one of the PDGC members talked with Jeff Peters and had the tree cut down on #5.
1. Once again, get the facts right.
2. He was not a member of the PDGC at the time he spoke with Peters.
3. Peters was already going to take it down, due to people who cannot read No Trespassing signs. I personally spoke with the homeowner about discs going in her yard. She didnt mind you getting them as long as you went around front and not jump the fence.
4. I personally talked with Jeff Peters today and was told that we can move the basket to make the hole more challenging. He also discussed this with Eric Walker.
5. Jeff Peters will be contacting Ronda Key @ KEYCHAINS with anymore random disc golfer or homeowner issue.

Know your facts before you post, the problems and solutions were taking care of 3 hours ago.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Ab sol ute ... RIC DIC A LISS NESS !!!!
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 pm

grab ur shovels and pitch-forks its time for a good ol' witch hunt lol Laughing

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty Course alteration

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I would like to voice my opinion about the fork tree on number 5 being cut down. That tree is what made that hole. Now it's just a straight shot to the basket. I don't know if it's true but I heard it got cut down because one person complained about hitting the tree all the time. Disc golf is not about having a straight shot to the basket on every hole. Obstacles are what gives a hole it's character and should not be messed with because one person can't get past it! You should look at throwing that hole a different way or take a different route. If you only know how to throw sidearm or only backhand that is not everbody elses problem. Some holes are sidearm holes and some are backhand holes learn them both and learn what your discs are supposed to do and what they will actually do. If someone wants a signature obstacle to be removed it should be voted on or something to that nature.

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty Trees on #5

Post  Pappy Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:29 pm

joe_kool315 wrote:I've banged my fair share of discs off that tree as well, especially being a noob, but it's forcing me to focus more on my control and looking at some "form critical" teaching discs to throw to be a better all around player. Something all courses should have us striving to do. Improve your game, don't renovate the course to fit your game.

Improve your reading, don't renovate my comments to fit your attitude.

"If it were just a matter of me smacking them all the time (which I do), I'd just suck it up, but my disc keeps bouncing into the yard next to it and I don't like going in and retreiving it.", recognize that?
I approached Jeff Peters because people were trashing the fence at hole 5 and had even gone as far as taking down the "No Trespassing" sign and throwing it in the water and I didn't like having to feel guilty retrieving my discs from their yard.

If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at the jerks who pull people's fences over and trample in their yards; there's been at least three holes changed because of that. Get mad at the slobs that leave their bottles and trash around. Get mad at the players that trash the bamboo poles or are too lazy to put them back in their holders.

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Pappy wrote:
joe_kool315 wrote:I've banged my fair share of discs off that tree as well, especially being a noob, but it's forcing me to focus more on my control and looking at some "form critical" teaching discs to throw to be a better all around player. Something all courses should have us striving to do. Improve your game, don't renovate the course to fit your game.

Improve your reading, don't renovate my comments to fit your attitude.

"If it were just a matter of me smacking them all the time (which I do), I'd just suck it up, but my disc keeps bouncing into the yard next to it and I don't like going in and retreiving it.", recognize that?
I approached Jeff Peters because people were trashing the fence at hole 5 and had even gone as far as taking down the "No Trespassing" sign and throwing it in the water and I didn't like having to feel guilty retrieving my discs from their yard.

If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at the jerks who pull people's fences over and trample in their yards; there's been at least three holes changed because of that. Get mad at the slobs that leave their bottles and trash around. Get mad at the players that trash the bamboo poles or are too lazy to put them back in their holders.

"I" did not quote you directly therefore my statement "should" have been read as a generalization. That you took it as a personal attack is not my problem ... yet does lead me to wonder why .. unless there is something to hide there.

non-the-less, I don't come on here to start "issues" with anyone, only to try and be a positive influence on the game and give the locals a positive image that there are some of us out there playing a game we enjoy and are 1) able to do it AND respect their property and 2) do it in harmony with nature, not destroy it in our path as what has happened at #5 and several other holes over the past few months now.

REGARDLESS how anyone feels about it its a moot point now as the tree is gone, I hope those involved enjoy their straight shot at the basket now .. yeah Neutral
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Pappy, had you spoke with Jeff, Drake or myself with your concern before instead of going to Jeff Peters, you would have been informed that:
1. I personsally had already spoken with the homeowner on #5
2. We could have got another small net to go there
I have spoken with Jeff Peters and next time (should people take things into there own hands, before trying to consult with others) he is going to call myself or Eric @ Ace. It is of my opinion, you SHOULD NOT have went to the parks & rec. before consulting with any of us. I am only telling you this because, I sit on the parks & rec. board for Okaloosa Co. and could have possibly had time to come up with a solution to the problem. NOT cutting it down.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty Tree on 5 - again.

Post  Pappy Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 pm

OK, it seems that many people here have reading comprehension problems so I will review and elaborate. I went to Jeff Peters about the tree on hole 5 because of it causing discs, mine and others, to go into the yard next to it and people were trashing their fence as well as vandalizing - the No Trespassing sign that had been posted was torn down and thrown into the water. I hit many trees on different holes and have not suggested cutting them down, that was not the issue. I said that in my original post.

So a few different things from this thread. Joe Kool, you whine about the tree on 5, mock me, flame me, say I may have a problem for taking it personally and then try to portray yourself as some kind of Goodwill Ambassador for disc golf? That’s so moronic it’s laughable. Rhonda, as you posted earlier, when I spoke with Jeff I was not a member of, nor representing, the Playground Disc Golf Club. I had already posted my intentions on this forum before my visit to him. I came to Keychains immediately after speaking with Jeff. I told you exactly what transpired and that he was going to look into it. If you had any pull, you could have contacted him and exercised it right then. Also when you and I spoke, we came up with the idea for a net on 5 like is on 3. I called Jeff that same morning with the suggestion of the net. He said the tree was dead, was a hazard and was coming out regardless. Again, if you could have solved it with the net, you had plenty of time.

Hole 1 has been changed due to damage of the playground fence and the risk of discs hitting the kids. 3 and 4 have been changed due to damage to private fences by golfers. 11 tee had been relocated due to golfers’ lack of respect for private property and now the tree on 5 has been removed for the same reasons. Move basket number 5 and get over it.

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Post  joe_kool315 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:38 am

Shocked Let's all take in a deep breath ... in through the nose ... out through the mouth ... think M E L L O W.

Pappy, seriously, I am VERY new to the sport of disc golf and even newer to doing so at Ferry Park. I have been made abreast of some of the changes and why that the course has gone through over the past few years AND did not intend for you to feel flamed. If you feel that way, I'm sorry that you misunderstood me.

The tree on hole 5 did not vandalize the sign, jump fences, or anything else. what it all boils down to is trying to get the disc golfers, new and old, to respect others properties and the course its self. Just look at the bamboo poles that are put out there for us, half are broken already and I rarely see any put back in their holders someone made. I'm always picking them up and putting them back when I see them out so they don't get ridden over by bikes, stepped on etc... the answer isn't changing the course, it's changing the mentality of the folks that are doing these things.

I'm not the perfect disc golfer, but I do my best to respect others property and leave the course better than I found it. ~8 years of ball golf, 20 years in the military, and some pretty strict parents saw fit to teach me to do that in just about everything I do.

Just today someone was going to jump the ball field fence and I told them to go around. It's that simple. Now will they do it next time when there's no one around, maybe not, but I did tell them "why" folks should walk around and they if everyone treats the course good and tries to follow the guidelines, it will ensure the course stays and we have this nice place to play. So if it did reach home, that's 1 less person out there jumping fences.

I'm a pretty easy going guy man, just ask anyone that's played with me out there.
joe_kool315
joe_kool315

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 am

Pappy, now you are starting to get on my nerves. Like I stated before, had you NOT taking matterings into your own hands and discussed it with others, something could have been done. By your own admission, you were one of the ones "stepping" over the fence. That was the problem, the damn fence. So yes, I should have called the very minute you left the store, but my fault, I was busy helping my customers. The facts are, Peters had a homeowner upset about people hoping the fence and a disc golfer whinning about his discs going in the same homeowners yard. So, since the tree was dead, he said just cut it down. Had others been informed of your problem, yes Jeff Peters is up to listening to suggestions.

Last edited by KEYCHAINSRK on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 am

Bottom line: Ask the people who ARE dealing directly with the city and county before you take it upon yourself to whin to them.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty WHATS DONE, IS DONE

Post  Key Chains 1 Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 am

WOW....all of the negativity on this thread is awful No

Whats done is done, so let it be. The basket will be moved so lets drop it! How many times must a person be flogged for a "mistake", that apparently was not really a "mistake" , as Jeff Peters said the tree was coming down anyway!

The bottom line is we cannot control everyone out on that course, and most of them are not disc golfers. Kids that think it is cool or funny to destroy, write on, and just basically be a nuisance at the course...what do you do? If you see something happeneing that "shouldn't" be, then by all means, step up and say something, however this with hole 5 is just plain ludacris. Again, it's done and was going to be done, per the parks director, so I say DROP IT !!!!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!!!

~ T K ~ sunny
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP Empty COURSE CLEAN UP

Post  Key Chains 1 Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:36 am

As this is what this thread was intended for:

COURSE CLEANUP on Feb 5th.....I hope everyone is ready to make our course a little more cheery Razz

And don't forget.... elections will be that morning as well for board members Very Happy

Have a great day peeps sunny ~ T K ~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next