PlaygroundDiscGolfClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COURSE CLEAN-UP

+3
Panda
Pappy
KEYCHAINSRK
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP - Page 2 Empty Re: COURSE CLEAN-UP

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 am

While I agree with Teresa about this thread, I also do stand behind that there needs to be some sort of order of communication with others (PDGC BOD,ACE,KEYCHAINS) when wanting to approach the city or county with any course alterations. This in my opinion would help with coming up with alternative measures, rather than removal of something and would take the focus off one disc golfer in general.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

COURSE CLEAN-UP - Page 2 Empty Tree on 5 - Yet again

Post  Pappy Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:04 pm

KEYCHAINSRK wrote:Pappy, now you are starting to get on my nerves. Like I stated before, had you NOT taking matterings into your own hands and discussed it with others, something could have been done. By your own admission, you were one of the ones "stepping" over the fence. That was the problem, the damn fence. So yes, I should have called the very minute you left the store, but my fault, I was busy helping my customers. The facts are, Peters had a homeowner upset about people hoping the fence and a disc golfer whinning about his discs going in the same homeowners yard. So, since the tree was dead, he said just cut it down. Had others been informed of your problem, yes Jeff Peters is up to listening to suggestions.

Ok, this is my last post on this subject. I am going to follow Joe Kool's lead and maintain. I know you are trying to feel your way as head of the PDGC and are hearing lots of complaints about the tree, but the fact of the matter is it was causing a conflict with the homeowner and needed to go. A net may have worked for a while, but the tree was going to come down anyway and I will not apologize for approaching Jeff Peters about it. As I understand it, the smaller tree is still there. People threw a fit when a certain individual trenched the paths by holes 5 and 11, but the city came along and put in proper drainage pipes and the course is much better for it. So in joining holes 1, 3, 4, and 11 (and I forgot that the baskets on 2 and 10 were also moved because of homeowners), the tree mod just joins the refinements that are making the course better for all involved. Let's please move on.

Pappy

Back to top Go down

Post  KEYCHAINSRK Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Pappy, If that was directed at me, I'm not head of PDGC. Just want the club to excel. I stated the way I felt when you were in my store, I disagree with you. But yes, anyone has an opinion and you have your right to yours. Whats done is done, I will from now on make sure that I commuicate with Mr. Peters at least every 2 weeks so this kind of thing won't happen again without others having to chance to resolve an issue before the course is altered.

No hard feelings, But yes, I do stand behind my opinion, that you should not have went to Mr. Peters before talking with others about what could have been done. We can keep on arguing about this if you like, but I will not change my mind on this issue. As I'm sure nor will you.
KEYCHAINSRK
KEYCHAINSRK
Admin

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2